Milwaukee, WI - Bayshore/Mayfair

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by glowdragon, Sep 16, 2013.

1. glowdragon macrumors newbie

Anyone got any vibes on how things are going to go down at the Apple stores at Bayshore and Mayfair malls? I don't know which one to go to, whether to camp out or not, whether or not I should just go to a T-Mo store, or whether or not I just say "screw it" and order a Note 3!

2. evq macrumors newbie

Last year’s launch was pretty chilly and that was only having to stand being outside for a few hours at Mayfair. I can’t imagine what it would have been like at Bayshore. That said, the line was probably a bit shorter at Bayshore. The Mayfair store had a ton of people and got through most everyone pretty quickly.

The only downside is that mall security were a bunch of crazy people. When I first got there around 4ish, I hadn’t even gotten out of my car yet and they told me that I had to come back at 5 or 6 (can’t remember which). This is after I called them a couple days beforehand to find out when we could first start lining up. When I got back, about half an hour before they told me to come back, they had started letting people line up. And then around an hour or so before sales started, they came by screaming about how they were going to remove from the mall anyone who was sitting on the floor (which was everyone) if they didn’t get up immediately.

So even with that in mind this year, I’ll be at Mayfair. I was out of the mall probably around 9:30 and I ended up being about 50-100 people back from the front of the line. Just be exactly sure when you can start to line up, get there about 45 minutes before then, dress warm and bring a camp chair to sit in.

3. glowdragon thread starter macrumors newbie

Yepppp, that sounds like Mayfair security alright.

I dunno, I'm waffling so hard on whether my wait will be for nothing given the front page story about 5s supplies being really limited. I plan on going out of town next week and don't want to wait for shipping. :<

4. evq macrumors newbie

The weirdest part was that I had called ahead of time and asked and then what had actually happened was totally different. I'm still going to call ahead again this year just to have some idea and hopefully mall security will get a clue.

The stock availability scares me too especially since I'm only using an old 3G right now. It's probably going to have me getting there super early just in case. Because I'm losing my sanity with this old thing. I was going to go for a gold one but I'll take whatever they've got for AT&T if it comes down to it.