Mind Control

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC on a talk show this morning declared that Trump is attempting to usurp the media's job of controlling exactly what people think. It's a pretty brazen comment but I think he's being honest on how many in the media feel.

What do you think of his comment ?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think people like to be told information. And, especially with American news channels, there's a huge song and dance about it. People get pumped on it. Now Trump is there speaking crazy stuff for people to get pumped off instead. I think it is purely an aggression thing, Trump rarely makes headlines about announcements for businesses - it's always the anti-immigration, anti-Islamic stuff, it's stuff for people to get excited about and that they feel like they've been training for it.
    (When I say people, I mean his fans and not the populace in general)
    Outside of his fans though. I think people are worried that the most powerful man on the planet, though I think that title is slipping as he doesn't feel presidential, a man who has all the worlds media looking at him for his solutions to big problems and he uses it to spread fake news. His platform is used to call any news outlet criticising him as "fake" (even though the facts go against him). That's worrying. He should be using his platform to speak the truth. Unity and all that stuff that makes a person of power look decent isn't *technically* important, but at least don't lie, don't call out organisations because they're reporting truths about you.

Etc.

It's important to be critical of what anyone is saying.

3. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Well, I'm no fan of the Morning Joe show who I feel helped get Trump elected in the first place and are only on the anti-Trump bandwagon now that they realize it was a huge mistake. With that said, people need to stop trying to politically spin what was obviously fumbled words. The Right did it to Obama with the "you didn't build that" soundbite where he was referring to the roads and bridges. The Left is continuing to do it to Trump with the whole Sweden comment which should have been phrased, "I was watching last night what's happening in Sweden" but instead came out "You look at what's happening in Sweden last night". And now the Right is trying to spin Mika's fumbled words who I imagine meant to say "that is our job, to inform the public". So much for an honest debate when each side insists on promoting these false narratives of the other.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

I rather get brainwashed by Donnie than the MSM.

They can't even do that right.

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

A remarkable statement. Even if I was to equivocate the two - MSM at least has a multitude of voices, versus just one.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

I rather get premium BS from one source than inferior BS from multiple sources.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

well...I'm at a loss.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

You obviously are.

No reason to be sad.
    You can always move to canada.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I feel that in context what Mika meant was that it's the media's job to confront Trump's fairly clear effort to define the correct view of what his administration (what he) says and does. So I don't disagree with that, if my interpretation is correct. It is the press' job to take a skeptical look at what the government says when it says 1) what it's doing and 2) what that means.

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

The msm didn't do any of that with any of Donnies predecesors.

11. poloponies Suspended

Trump is unprecedented. He is the Mickey Mantle of lying. It's the DUTY of ALL MEDIA to call him out on it. Breitbart and the alt-right media refuse to call him out they just bend over backwards to explain why his lies aren't really lies. Criticize the media outlets you disagree with all you want, but they are closer to fact than the outright fictions of the Breitbarts of the world.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Do any of what, take exception to the mainstream press behavior towards what the administration's policies were, or mainstream press' reporting on what the president said, didn't say, did, didn't do?

If that's what you meant, maybe you were not reading mainstream media until this year?

13. Meister, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017

Meister Suspended

Meister

Barry never lied or started random wars.
    Neither did Dubya.

They were virtous leaders worthy of our respect.

I'm so glad the msm feeds us the truth.

War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

14. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh, for christs sake...Previous Presidents had complicated and nuanced legacies...for example, Obama was pretty good Domestically - but not so much Internationally. The latter does not discount the former though...As for Trump - you can't make a comparison yet - he actually hasn't done anything yet.

15. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I was wondering what that mind ray thing was that he wears all the time.