iPad mini Mini and Rmini owners: How much of a factor was being able to pocket your mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Misskitty, Dec 8, 2013.

?

well?

1. Huge factor, one of the main reasons why I chose it

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Not a huge factor but its nice to have that option

14 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Not a factor at all cause I never pocket mine

39 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Misskitty macrumors 6502

How much of a selling factor was it to you on your mini, that its pocketable when out and about with it. For me its a lot. Being able to pocket something, makes a device that much more portable. Not having to put it down or rest it in places (which gets old btw), I think is the biggest selling factor of the mini and why its so popular.

2. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

I'm with you on this! I sold my iPad 3 and got my mini retina as I found the full size iPad too big, too clumsy to be truly portable and the original mini was lacking the retina screen.... Love the added convenience of my new mini - just waiting for my case to arrive so I can take it out more places.

3. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

must be fun carrying iphone n ipad in ur pockets

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

5. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

lmao, i know right

6. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Was one of the main reasons I ordered it (haven't received it yet, should by the end of the week though!). Weight being the other main one.

In the winter, all of my jackets have a big pocket somewhere on the inside and in the summer most of my shorts have bigger pockets. Not everyone wears skinny jeans :p

7. Yesterday macrumors member

I don't even think my cargo shorts have a pocket large enough for my rmini.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Some folks regularly wear sportcoats/jackets during the work week... :D

9. Cyloncat macrumors regular

Cyloncat

Purse instead of pocket, but yeah, absolutely the reason for buying a mini.

And then I decided that it could replace my iPod as well. That totally justified it.

10. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Seriously, this is like the 10th thread. Keep the mini and move on

11. GoingDark macrumors 6502

Let's just put it this way...I went jacket shopping the other day, and the first thing I did with every jacket I tried on was to make sure there was a pocket that could comfortably hold my rMini. :p

12. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

it fits in regular jeans back pocket...it also fits in the back pocket of scrubs....that became a selling point for me after seeing so many surgical residents carrying it in their back pocket. I have a small Kipling bag that I carry mine in when im at work.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't have any clothes with pockets big enough for the mini. If I did, pocketability might be a factor, but I just don't.

14. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Fitting in my pockets was a huge factor. The size of this thing is just perfect

15. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

lmao, u gotta be kiddin me

16. DelMac macrumors regular

Pocket an rMini? Lmao. Z Cavariccis haven't been in since the 80s and JNCOs since the 90s.

17. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

Yes, I wear a sport coat. I wore a sport coat before I ever carried an iPad mini. I actually have two of them, and while I did not buy the jackets with the mini in mind, the mini fits perfectly into the pockets of both of them, while still being big enough for viewing pdfs. As a result, for me it's a completely portable device, always at hand when I want it, always quickly put away when I'm done.

What's so funny about that? So many people here seem to have the attitude, if someone cares about gamut when I don't, or someone doesn't care about gamut when I do, or if someone likes a smaller device than I like or they like a bigger screen than I like, or if someone has bigger pockets than I do, they must be dumb, because obviously what works best for me must be objectively good and right and work best for everybody.

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

translation = y'all fat :p:p:p:p:p j/k

----------

We don't take kindly to those kinda folk's round here ;)

19. charlituna, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Given that I use a pack with a pocket big enough for a full size iPad it was no factor for me.

I picked the mini this round because I can better hold it in one hand. When I'm up a rig and need to refer to blueprints etc, knowing I have a firmer grip matters. Much like those that ride the bus or subway might feel if they are trying to read with one hand and hold on with the other.

20. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Today I just discovered that my r mini fits perfect in my winter coat, plus the pocket has a button so it makes my ipad even more secured, after I buy the smart case, it will be perfect.

21. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Not a factor for me at all, I have never pocketed mine. If I need to bring it somewhere I carry it in my hand or throw it in my backpack.

22. pdpmojo macrumors newbie

I for one love being able to carry my naked rMini in my coat or suit jacket pocket. I travel quite a bit and having it my pocket on the flight and not have to go to the overhead to pull out a full size iPad makes it totally worth it for me.

23. Misskitty thread starter macrumors 6502

Rofl, i cant help but laugh when i used to see someone in public pulling out full sized ipads lol. I dont see it anymore, well caise smaller 8" tabs is where tje market has shifted to.

24. quamsi macrumors regular

I really don't get the immaturity of laughing at people using full size ipads in public. 'Cause a whole 2" size difference is just SO HILARIOUS?? :confused: Why do you worry so much about what other people look like while they go about their own lives?? So condescending.

25. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Well, you may not think that using THIS size (even if it were as light and thin as iPad Air) in public is hilarious, but most people will, and most people are conscious about not looking laughable in public and not drawing funny looks.

[​IMG]