mini CDRs

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
houston
i didnt even think about it till my teacher told us to turn stuff in either on mini CDs or a set of floppies...Can you use a mini CD in the slot loading drive on the TiBooks? my guess was no, so i havent tried it...anyone know?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
NO don't even try it, i wound up "meeting" my partner by having to fix his iMac from this same problem-- it's really hard to get out. there are, however, adaptors that can be used, the mini-cd snaps into the middle of a ring, tho i don't know if it works on laptop/half-height drives...

:)
pnw

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
houston
good to know...i figured that the little arm or whatever it is that gides the CD in and ejects it would have issues with mini CDRs, but i asked hoping it would be ok (denials a great state to visit). Guess i will just give her a full size CD and she will just shut up and like it! :D

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
i think there are also full cd's that only have the "silvering" (or whatever it's called) equivalent to a mini CD...I have some singles that are that way.

BongHits

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
chicago
does anyone know the capacity of mini cds? where do u find the ones nintendo uses for the game cube (1.3 gb???) as these would be pretty fun to stuff a little DV onto...tho id assume incompatible with alot of electronics :(

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by BongHits
does anyone know the capacity of mini cds? where do u find the ones nintendo uses for the game cube (1.3 gb???) as these would be pretty fun to stuff a little DV onto...tho id assume incompatible with alot of electronics :(

They are 185MB or 21min

Nintendo uses their own format... you cant get them anyplace. Its to help curb piracy

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
i believe that someone actually makes 3inch dvds that can be burned with nintendo's proprietary format (if you can figure out how), but as far a i know, they are only available in japan (along with panasonic's box that plays gamecube games and dvds, lucky guys). does anyone know where i can get one of those minicd/fullcd adapters? i'd love to be able to burn minis in my imac.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Originally posted by evildead

They are 185MB or 21min

Nintendo uses their own format... you cant get them anyplace. Its to help curb piracy
I believe I read that for the nintendo system they also spin backwards, which further messes things up for would be pirates.

And of course nintendo uses DVD format, not CD.