Mini Smart Cover iPhone 4/4s

fuxl

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2010
VA
I bought mine for the iPad to protect the screen.
This one doesn't do that, and I don't want to glue that frame to my phone...

appleofmy"i"

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
I agree I think a smart cover for the iPhone is a great idea IF done right. It would obviously have to different from the iPad in some ways because I'm my opinion it would get tedious constantly having to uncover the phones screen just to see notifications. I do like the TidyTilt referenced above, so much so that I bought a blue one a couple days ago.

I buy a case mostly to protect the back and camera when I set the phone down. Sure it wouldn't help you to much if you dropped your phone with this case but heres to hoping I don't do that.

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
It's mainly so you can have it In your pocket without scratching the screen or having a screen protector that ruins the feel and look of the screen.

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
Guess people have forgotten the fact that magnets and electronics don't mix? Especially with SSD chips.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
No it's not. This guy has the right idea http://www.tidytilt.com/
Yah it may look like an iPad smart cover, but it only covers the back of the phone, and you have to stick a metal square on the back of it as well.

Not a case, and not worth it IMO, but i'm sure people will buy this thing just because.

EDIT: also i realize they are not trying to market it as a smart cover, but they will get people to buy it because it looks like a smart cover

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
yet the iPad smart cover uses magnets:rolleyes:
Yeah, and it's much LARGER as well. If memory serves, the magnets are not on the same side as the chips. I could be wrong though.

The iPhone is so small and compact, magnets on chips would be unavoidable. Yeah, no thanks.

sammjordan

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
Guess people have forgotten the fact that magnets and electronics don't mix? Especially with SSD chips.
Hmmm..in the video on their Kickstarter page they mention the fact that they can use magnets because the iPhone has flash memory..do magnets not affect flash memory?

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Magnets do not cause issues with SSDs. The magnets were issues with HHDs because as it was spinning and using it's own magnet to write information, magnets would stop it, or move parts/data around. There is nothing to move/mess up.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
The tidytilt is a neat idea but I was really disappointed that it is mostly for your earphones organization and protects the back, not the front. What I want is an exact copy of the iPad 2 smart cover, but for my iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.