iPad mini Mini wifi pad great but 4 g mini going to be fantastic

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ttexxan, Nov 3, 2012.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

My daughter got the iPad mini yesterday and wow really great device. I have no issues at all wih the mini. I love the screen, performance and wt. love how easy to type on. I have always had issues typing on iPad 1-3 but this just seems twice as fast/easier!! What is going to take this device over and beyond ANY 7 inch device is the 4 g capabilities coming soon. I have a 32 g 4g on order and cannot wait!! To be this lite and portable with Internet access wherever is going to blow other mini devices out of the water.

2. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

3. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

Well worth a buck a day to access anytime. People spend all this money on devices but cheap when it comes to other things WOW. I can easily find a buck a day in change lying around

4. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

not worth it when wifi is in places im in most of the time.

plus data on my iphone 5 on the go

5. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Have no need for built in 4G. I've been using tethering on my iPhone 5 just fine. I think that's a better solution for people who don't need cellular data 24/7 on their iPad. I just can't pay extra if I don't need it all the time. Even with the new shared data plans you're talking about $10 extra per month plus the extra cost of the 4G iPad. Honestly I'd rather pocket those savings, and possibly spend them on extra data if needed. This has always been the smarter move in my mind.

I do think people who have free tethering on their phone anyways should definitely consider skipping it if it fits their needs. If you have unlimited money then go ahead and buy the max everything and just go crazy.

Reality is that people should consider their options carefully.

6. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I'm going to agree with the OP

I think the cellular based mini is going to be ideal for some people. Even with an iPhone 5 I'm still going to prefer to have 4G natively inside the mini so that I don't have to take the battery drain tethering on my phone. It also means that I'll have GPS capability right from Siri on the mini.

7. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Can't wait for my LTE Mini to arrive... Stayed up till 5am playing with my wife's Wi-Fi Mini, and I agree,... having the GPS and ability to use LTE without messing with tethering is worth the extra money personally. Gonna be sweet on vacations,... almost want to plan a vacation just for the sole purpose of being able to take it on the vacation with me lol!!

8. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

I have unlimited AT&T and not worth giving that up for a dollar a day. I have tethering for free on my daughters jailbroken phone when around, but 4G LTE on iPad 3 has been much more convenient. Thus will continue on Mini. No need to tote another phone just to have service or give up my unlimited plan.