MiniDVD Camcorder to iMovie, getting late and urgent!

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
So it's about 10:30 here in L.A, and I'm trying to somehow get my movie from my Sony DCR-DVD201 to iMovie. It uses mini-dvds and only has a usb port for stills.

Apparently, the only way to get the content onto my computer is to put the dvd and extract it, so I did. But it's just another VIDEO_TS folder which I can't seem to get iMovie to get. How is it possible to bring my content into iMovie!

I'm desperate and will try anything. This is for an urgent project tomorrow and any help is useful. Thanks!

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2003
Im not positive but I dont think its possible to edit footage from a minidvd camera. Not a great choice to buy if your going to edit. I do think its great for any household or family not wanted to author a dvd and just shoot occassions and have it readily available for themselves and others.

Comment

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Espnetboy3 said:
Im not positive but I dont think its possible to edit footage from a minidvd camera. Not a great choice to buy if your going to edit. I do think its great for any household or family not wanted to author a dvd and just shoot occassions and have it readily available for themselves and others.
Yea I would never buy one it's my friend's... :(

Comment

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
Flying Llama said:
So it's about 10:30 here in L.A, and I'm trying to somehow get my movie from my Sony DCR-DVD201 to iMovie. It uses mini-dvds and only has a usb port for stills.

Apparently, the only way to get the content onto my computer is to put the dvd and extract it, so I did. But it's just another VIDEO_TS folder which I can't seem to get iMovie to get. How is it possible to bring my content into iMovie!

I'm desperate and will try anything. This is for an urgent project tomorrow and any help is useful. Thanks!
Okay the easy way of doing it... you ready?

1.) Download Handbrake and proceed to copy the entire disk to your hard drive in mpeg-4 format.

wait there is only one step! Glad to see such an easy *read - time consuming* process..

kyle

Comment

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
jackieonasses said:
Okay the easy way of doing it... you ready?

1.) Download Handbrake and proceed to copy the entire disk to your hard drive in mpeg-4 format.

wait there is only one step! Glad to see such an easy *read - time consuming* process..

kyle
Too late, I just downloaded cinematize ( too tired to find a link), extracting each chapter to mpeg-2 and bringing it in to iMovie for editing... but Cinematize just cost me $40... :(

But thank you all anyways! :)

It's now 12:30, but I started editing so I should be in bed by 2:00...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.