Minnesota lawmaker’s gay marriage defense goes viral

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by appleguy123, May 4, 2011.

1. appleguy123, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011

appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Article and Source
    Can anyone tell me if my youtube embed works on their end? It only show a white screen for me.

2. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

You need to edit your embed. Take out all the YouTube URL up to and including the '=' so you're just left with the video's code number ( like KSD3442FSS).

I saw this video yesterday and I thought it was great. Very calm, well argued and compassionate. I hope it's widely seen.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Nice. :)

Sorry that off-camera doofus told people to keep their applause to themselves, though.

BTW, I didn't know until this past weekend that you could embed YouTube videos, either. It's a nice feature.

4. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I saw it in site and forum feedback a little while ago(the first video on MacRumors was Friday :) ), and thought it was pretty cool. I used it on this thread because I didn't really see the article as important.

5. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Jews are so good at putting things in perspective. :) I honestly believe he changed some people's minds in that room. He should be a psychologist.

6. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

The newly elected republicans in MN are putting Gay Marriage on a ballot vote.

I predict the measure fails 80 to 20%.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Nice.:)

God darnit, Mr. Simon, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.:p

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I guess we'll have to wait to see how this turns out.

9. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

The fact that the MN republicans are even attempting this is laughable. They got elected thanks largely to a bad economy. Now they are trying to jam through all these bogus social measures;

2012 ballots will have
    - MN Constitutional amendment defining marriage as 1 man 1 woman
    - Voter ID

The Marriage one will fail miserably. Majority of republicans in MN are not concerned with social engineering.

Voter ID will probably pass by a narrow margin simply because it is so innocent and "common-sense" sounding, never mind the facts.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Equal marriage rights got voted down in California. What makes you think Minnesota is any different? And I always hear, "Majority of republicans are not concerned with social engineering", so then why is it that's all they ever seem to do?

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I saw nothing wrong with the off-camera guy saying that because he wanted to let the guy finish speaking.
    I liked how he brought in his religion as a great example to shoot down the arguments. His religion does not allow him to eat pork but he is not going to require that be put into law. He said shot down the religions argument and the only argument that even has some legal vilidity is the nature vs nurture arugment which for the most parts has been shown that is part of nature and people are born that way so therefor it is not right to deny them right to be married.

It would be like denying the right of disabled people to get married and we all agree that is not right.

12. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I don't follow your reasoning here. How does it matter if homosexuality is a choice? Even if it were, shouldn't it still be a right to marry whomever you want?