Minor cosmetic flaw in new Macbook Pro 13" - should I go to Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spongofy, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Spongofy macrumors newbie

Yesterday I brought a Macbook Pro 13" from Apple Store and I am very satisfied. There is however one minor detail that is bothering me. The Apple logo on the back has one part where it's grey when it's supposed to be white. I know this is a extremely small problem but when of course I want my new Macbook to be flawless! If I go to Apple, will they replace it for me?

I've attached a picture so you can see for yourself.

Attached Files:

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If it bothers you, take it in. Honestly I wouldn't care.

3. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I looked at the picture and honestly just don't see what you are talking about it looks perfectly fine....

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't see any issues with the logo - it looks ok to me. How often are you staring at the logo? Most of your time will be looking at it from the other side and not looking at the logo. I think its a minor and its not worth the hassle.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Do you mean that one part on the edge of the logo, that looks like maybe there's an extra teeny tiny bit of aluminum that should've been cut out?

If that's what you're talking about, and absolutely nothing else is wrong with the laptop, I'd keep it.

If on the other hand, if it's THAT much of a problem for you, then I'd return the MBP, and not get another one.

Seriously. Because if you look at past threads in here regarding returning MBPs for minor flaws, you see the road people take when they obsess over details like this. It never ends well.

You'll exchange, only to find the screen tint isn't right in your opinion. Then you'll exchange again, to find a dead pixel. Then maybe the next one, the lid might not line up with the bottom case by .2mm when closed. The next one might creak on the bottom. and the next one...

See where this is going?

Apple's Quality Control is better than most, but it's not perfect. If you look hard enough, you will force yourself to find the teeniest, tiniest flaw in every individual product Apple makes. Every. One.

So, my suggestion is to take a deep breath, and force yourself to cope with this minor thing. Don't consider it a flaw. Consider it something that makes your Mac slightly unique. It's a small, minute detail that doesn't affect the performance of the device in any way, and most people will never even notice it unless you point it out to them. Most of the time, you won't even be looking at it, as the logo will face away from you.

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I'll never understand why people ask others if something concerns or bothers them.

If it does, go for it. Do what it takes to be happy with your purchase.