Minor Problem With Safari Browser

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Scott M, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Scott M macrumors regular

Scott M

or any other browser for that matter.

it seems that i can't get it to be completely full screen. wherever the dock is (i have it hidden) there is a little gap, where it can't be dragged any further to make it full screen, and seeing as i have a bit of an OCD for little things like that, it's bugging me out. are there any solutions to this problem?

i am aware that some people will be like, "so what, get over it" but i can't.

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

I assume by "full screen", you mean from the bottom of the menu bar to the bottom of the display? It still might have something to do with the Dock being down there, because it works perfectly fine for me, with my Dock on the side. (Your display is wider than it is tall anyhow)

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Safari isn't designed to be full screen. If it were, there would be a View > Full Screen option. If you just came from Windows, you may be used to full screen for every app, but you'll find there are benefits to not filling the screen with just one app. If you can't get over it, you can join IOBICLWFSSA. :D

4. Scott M thread starter macrumors regular

Scott M

that used to work for me too, (having the dock on the side) but since i installed snow leopard, it does the same as it did when the dock was at the bottom. except that gap is now at the side.