Minor problems with my new iPad 2 (home button click sound and power-off response)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macrumorsuser10, May 19, 2011.

1. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

Just got my new iPad 2 and am impressed with how thin it is over my previous iPad 1.

Some problems I've found:

1. The home button on the bottom emits an annoying "pre-click" sound before I fully press it down. That is, when I press on the home button, there is an initial light clicking sound and then a louder clicking sound when the home actuation occurs. I didn't have this "pre-click" sound on my iPad 1. Although the "pre-click" sound is light, it is quite noticeable when I'm using it at night in bed.

2. When I press the screen power button (top-right button), the screen turns off immediately, but the "shutter" sound doesn't occur until about a full second later. This is inconsistent, though, and sometimes the "shutter" sound occurs immediately. On my iPad 1, this was usually a sign that the CPU is being excessively run.

Anyone else have these problems?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

My home button clicks, but I can't really tell if it's right before or during, so no issue there.

I have the lock sound disabled but just re-enabled for this test. Mine seems to sound right when I hit the button.

3. macrumorsuser10 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can consistently reproduce (2) on my iPad 2 and my friend's iPad 2. Go to the home screen and then open up the Preferences. Click the screen power button. The screen turns off immediately, but the 'shutter' sound takes a full second to occur.