Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkriffraff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Since switching to Tiger, when I arrange the file icons on my desktop, the filenames on the bottom row are positioned "behind" rather than above the dock - so it is impossible to read them! Is there a way to correct this?

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
hkriffraff said:
Since switching to Tiger, when I arrange the file icons on my desktop, the filenames on the bottom row are positioned "behind" rather than above the dock - so it is impossible to read them! Is there a way to correct this?
Do you think you could post a screenshot so we can see what you mean?

hkriffraff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
It's like this.... thanks!

Attachments

• dockblock.jpg
    dockblock.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 133

Cindy

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2003
I've had that happen a couple of times. I rarely have folders on my desktop. But I've either just dragged the lower ones up a bit OR click and make the dock smaller.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
this might sound stupid guys...but how did he take that screen shot?? im sorta new to macs... :confused:

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
AJ Muni said:
its not working....do i need to use the mouse?? what im i doing wrong?????
Hit 'em all at the same time: Apple Key, Shift, and 3 (#) .

If you do the same thing but hit 4 ($) instead of 3, a little box will show up, that will move where ever you want to take the screenshot. Click and drag the box, and then let go, and the picture should appear on your desktop.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
sorry...it did work...it took a snapshot with" control+shift+4 ...but after it takes the "pic"...how and where can i paste it???

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
all theses forums people are so helpful....MACS ROCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! (had to let it out)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
You were used to Windows taking a screenshot to a clipboard weren't you?

"Hmm, I think I did something, now where is it? I can't see it anywhere but I'm pretty sure I did something. Or did I? Maybe I didn't? Where am I? What am I doing here? Argh!"

Silly Windows.

Welcome to enlightenment.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Picture_6.thumb.png

Fun with screenshots....

Edit - my question now, how do you do the thumbnail thing in the forums? I can't find it anywhere.

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
California
hkriffraff said:

What version are you running? I kind of remember this happening in 10.4.0 but it was resolved in the updates. If you haven't updated (10.4.2), now is probably a good time.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
hkriffraff said:
Control click "right click" on your desktop and select " Show View Options "
Then check the box keep arranged by: Name or size or whatever.
Your problem should be fixed.
I hope this helped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.