Minorities no more

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 17, 2012.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

http://news.brevardtimes.com/2012/05/census-more-minorities-born-than-whites.html

According to "the news", there are now more minorities born in the USA than there are white people. Now sure how long it will be, if ever, that there are more people from one group then there are whites in the USA but at least, in a generation or so, the minorities will, as a whole, be the majority. We're discussing this at work: what does it mean for our country. Will affirmative action end? Will we ever be able to fire that black VP who keeps harassing the women in our department but when HR tried to take action, got a lawyer and played the race card. Yup, I work for a company that is more afraid of bs race lawsuits then actual sexual harassment. Thoughts???

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Doesn't matter.

China is the becoming the new Super power so it doesn't matter if the USA stays white brown black or green our dominance is waning fast.

Learn Mandarin or Cantonese is my suggestion to you.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

BREAKING NEWS: Republican Party rethinking positions of abortion. :D

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

What, they don't like the stirrups anymore? I would think a doggy style abortion might be uncomfortable. I certainly wouldn't go to a doctor who performed G.O.T or R.C.G. abortions.

(Girl on top / reverse cow girl)

(edit) Obviously, I wouldn't go, I'm a guy, but you know what I mean... :)

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Hopefully as we become a more blended society, people of any and every racial background will stop playing the race card because every time a new issue of race arises, we seem to become a bit more divided. Also, hopefully racist programs such as Affirmative Action are ended or changed so that they are not racist. And hopefully my friend who is black and dating a girl who is white will not be treated poorly anymore.

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

The only way that will happen is with inter-marriage, and the hard-liners in each case will fight that tooth and nail.

7. Kauai macrumors 6502a

The world is becoming unipolar; China hardly has the capability, or will ever have it, to extend its will and influence as the definition of a super power should be able to.

8. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I agree. Attitudes towards interracial relationships has been one of the slowest things to change. Even to date, virtually every ethnic group has a tendency to look down on its own that dates 'outsiders'. It used to be much worse but it's still pretty bad. I've seen it first hand and the things people say about interracial marriage is, well, shocking to put it lightly.

9. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I agree with the interracial piece. I've gotten some dirty looks while out with guys from other races. I went out to a dim sum lunch with an African-American business associate and got some dirty stares from my fellow Asians and on the flipside, I've gotten some looks from Caucasians when I've been on dates with Caucasian guys.

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

But look at the children from such a union. Most are gorgeous.

I credit the Heinz-57 effect. ;)

You have a built-in "avoidance" meter.

The turkeys drop all subterfuge, and strip themselves bare.

11. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I see this as an opportunity to show off my gorgeous interracial daughter.

[​IMG]

12. hafr macrumors 68030

Why would it change just because white kids is no longer the absolute majority? As long as the leaders, bosses, massas and so on are white, the other races will be underdogs. Look at South Africa.

For your company, I'd say the best way is to let them play the race card and have him fired for sexual harassment. Maybe even have the women report him to the police (despite them not going to do anything with it) just to have that piece of paper to prove the accusations are not BS. Or have them report the company for not taking actions, and see if the VP's lawyer is ready to put up a fight - that he know he's going to lose.

----------

Sadly, the more plausible line is them having forced abortions based on income/wealth.

----------

Half bear, half white?

13. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Close, Japanese and white.

14. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

She's precious Eric. And she has excellent taste in phones ....quite literally lol.

I'm a bit disturbed by the inference from the OP that the reason why America is America is because it's pre-dominantly white.

There are plenty of places with even more whites that don't have the same economic power that the USA enjoys.

In fact, looking at recent history shows few upstarts (like the plucky Americans) have ever risen in power so quickly. We are unique in that manner.

You are not great because of your skin you are great because of your actions (of course the opposite side of the spectrum applies as well)

As an American i'm more concerned with upholding what he hold sacred in this country rather than what the racial makeup of our country is.

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Thanks, speaking of "taste" in phones, she ruined my wife's old 3G from trying to eat it.

She's a really good baby, and we want another. I am going to guess the 2nd one would be the terror.

You are correct about it's not your skin that makes you great it's your actions.

I know there are racial/crime statistics that hurt some races in some people's point of view, but there are good and bad people in all races and classes of people.

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

It's a cop-out to blame other race(s) for your lack of success.

Suck it up, and have confidence in your abilities.

17. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Agreed.

Definitely agreed :D

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Shame on you for humanizing yourself by showing us that photo.

If I'm going to keep my political hard-on, I need to picture you in a certain way.

Stop messing with my fantasy.

;)

19. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

My bad, I can post a picture of my hunting gear.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Animal killer!

There.

That's much better.

21. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't remember doing that...

22. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Me either

23. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

As a "minority", and supporter of all inter-racial marriages for one reason...If we all become mutts, people would stop using race as a scape goat, and stop being so curious as to what your "background is"

24. mac-collector macrumors regular

mac-collector

White people/Europeans were once a minority in North America.

25. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

In a few thousand years, everyone will be brown. I don't expect to live long enough to see it ;-) But, those of you who expect that class will cease to exist then are definitely Utopians. Racial, religious, and ethnic barriers continue to recede in the business world (and, they have receded incredibly during my lifetime). But class seems to be getting ever stronger.