Misaligned text on back of iPhone 5

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
I was reading another forum and noticed someone with this problem where the text on the back cover is not aligned properly.

I then looked at mine and has the same issue...although not as severe but still quite noticeable. I noticed the person who originally posted this is also from Australia, just wondering if it's limited to our shipment or if you guys have the same issue as well.

argh...didn't notice it before and now it's all I seem to be able to see when I look at it.

:(

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Wow, that actually is extremely noticeable. I'm surprised. I clicked the thread expecting to roll my eyes again this morning, but you have a valid point.

Such an odd thing to be wrong with the phone too. You'd think that kind of thing is so precisely aimed and lined up on the assembly line.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I gave mine a long, hard look after that picture. I'm in the US and it's aligned correctly.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
Yeah, ok you got me there. I though he was referring to the lettering not being centered, but I see I just didn't understand. But you can also see that the bottom line isn't centered with the top line, not just slanted.

So no defense here, I just noticed it as 2 different problems, and picked up on the same one he was noting.

cPol

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2011
Lowell, MA
I believe that's a known issue with having to manufacture an iPhone upside down for the Australian market.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
Return it about 5-6 times and realize no iPhone is aligned enough for your needs, then make a thread about your frustration every time