iPad Miss Black Friday Deals? Time To Regroup And Try Again!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMas70, Nov 28, 2014.

1. iMas70 macrumors 65816

I started my shopping late and struck out. Target online was out of stock every time I tried. I was able to buy some gift cards for 10% off. That savings will be applied to an iPad when I buy it from them. I went to two of their stores. Neither had the color that I wanted (Space Gray). Some other colors were in stock. Most of their shelves were clear but they did have iPads behind the counter so it doesn't hurt to ask if you don't see them displayed.

I tried two Staples stores. Both were out of stock of those and Apple TVs. I guess I should have got up earlier I did my shopping at midnight.

So what's next? Let's hear the new deals that people are seeing so we can plan our purchases.

2. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

I did my shopping early and mostly online. Got everything I was looking for.

3. Kendo macrumors 68000

They were $100 off on Best Buy's website online a few days ago. How come you didn't buy it online?

Also, I doubt they will have these huge sales again sorry to say. Apple products are never given discounts, especially at $100 off and Black Friday is the only time you can get them. Just because they offer it on the busiest shopping day of the year doesn't mean they will do it the next few days after. They are already taking a major loss for one day.

Edit - There are still a few models left for $100 off at BB online. A lot of 16GB models and cellular models. I wouldn't press your luck and just get one now.

4. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm trying for the biggest deal at Target that includes a $140. gift card plus 5% off for using my Red Card. Comes out to be $176. off the Air 2. Plus I'd like to get two iPad Mini 2s for my kids. Target is offering an $100. gift card with them. I might not get the best discounts but I'll try. $100. off an iPad is still a great deal. Then combine that with a $100. bill credit for signing up for service with AT&T.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You could not pay me to get out in the Black Friday mess. I will pay full price before I join the hordes.

6. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816

Maybe Cyber-Monday deals? Then we can sit at home in our bunny slippers and shop online. :)

7. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

I suspect we will see $100 off deals yet before the end of the year. That wont be as good as the Target $140 GC for the iPad Air 2. But there would be ways to get nearly the same or better.

First, you're correct. If you scored the 10% off gift cards at Target, that will help match Black Friday prices should Target offer $100 off the Air 2 or other iPad.

Second, should Best Buy offer a $100 off, you could apply the 10% movers coupon and get an even better deal than BB's Black Friday offer.

8. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

My local Best Buy still had plenty of stock of the iPad Air 2 discounted $100 today.

9. minicard macrumors regular

minicard

Been trying to buy from BB for the last 2 days. It doesn't give me the option to ship but pickup only. No stores have them available for pickup. Finally today, for some reason I could choose "shipping". After filling in all my payment data when I pressed the "Place order " button, it said that this was a high demand item and not available for shipping, wtf!!!

10. NativeTxn macrumors regular

I've been checking Best Buy too and it finally said that model I wanted (64 GB Wifi + Cellular) was available. When I added to the cart, it said it was only available for in store pickup; however, according to the BB website, there are apparently zero stores in the entire DFW metroplex that have any of them available for pickup.