Miss California May Be Stripped Of Her Crown

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, May 7, 2009.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'd put this in the other thread, but it got closed down after a spate of puppies and kittens...

Carrie Prejean may soon no longer be able to claim that she is not Miss America because of anti-Christian persecution. If this goes forward, she'll have to admit that she's not Miss American because she lied on her application form, and because she's been unable to abide by the terms of her agreement with pageant officials:
    Thankfully, the transition of power looks like it will go smoothly...

2. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I guess the crown won't be the first thing she's ever been stripped of.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh! But she was attcked because of her wholesome morals! Oh wait... :rolleyes:

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

cue striptease music.

This story is kind of amusing on the surface. Its actually a little disturbing however. All she did was answer a question about same sex marriage according to the way she believed. Now there a second wave of attacks on her and controversy surrounding her. I disagree with Leek that she wanted this kind of attention. I doubt if the advocates for same-sex marriage, me included, want to be perceived as instigators of vicious attacks because someone doesn't follow a particular belief system.

Edit: In regards to the "racy" pictures and disqualification according to the rules of the pageant. I'd have to see the images to judge whether they are illicit or artfully done to see if she should be dq'd. :)

Nice spin. This could easily be framed as prop 8 backlash and she's a scapegoat.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sorry but, if she lied on her contract and loses her crown, how is that an attack? And trust me, she's loving every minute of it.

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

She asked for the attention and she got it. At least she's got a future with 'ol Hugh Hefner.;) I hope nobody's believing she's a victim here, because now she's got a name and a platform. Even Miss SC from a while back turned her bumbling "map" answer into a well paying modeling career. Prejean's set for the near future. No doubt she'll monetize her fifteen minutes of fame...

8. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Here is one....
    It is technically topless and against the rules.

Attached Files:

9. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

It's quite sad how far this has been stretched. She stated her opinion, and people should respect her for it.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This has nothing to do with her opinion. This has to do with her lying on her contract. Or is your opinion that lying on a contract is just fine?

11. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

That may be artistic in some quarters, but the pinkies really just blow it.

12. GGGUUUYYY macrumors regular

Maybe she didn't think that was topless, she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

13. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

If only conservatives had gotten this upset about underhanded attacks on someone for their views who happened to be a CIA operative instead of a beauty pageant contestant...

I won't post them here, but you can google her name if you actually want to see them. [EDIT: I guess this is unnecessary now that someone has posted one of the photos]

The pageant form specifically asks about morality, and as an example asks if the contestant has ever posed nude or semi-nude. Prejean apparently lied in her response to that question. Pageant regulations also state that you cannot engage in public appearances without the permission of the pageant officials. Apparently, Prejean has been doing a bit of public appearing without informing anyone. Thus, she violated the rules of the contest.

Now, personally, I think it's silly to disqualify these people from a contest where they strut around in a skimpy bikini because they previously used their hands as a bikini top and showed some side-boob, but if she couldn't play by the rules, she shouldn't have been on that stage to begin with.

That's been her claim to fame this whole time. It'll be interesting to see if these "family values" groups continue to use a known liar as a spokesperson...

14. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

There are apparently others that are more revealing. This one was released as a teaser...

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And I thought lying was against the Ten Commandments. I guess it's OK as long as you're keepin' them homos in their place.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

She made a mistake by saying "this is the only one I took," if thats what she really said. Everyone know that a shoot like that you don't spend all the time in makeup and hair and "wardrobe" to take a single shot. Many shots are taken and few are released. Someone is obviously is profiting from this, other than Prejean, to release the out takes of the booby shoot.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why the hell is she taking topless photos at 17 anyways? Isn't that illegal?

19. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Was watching "Extra" the other day when this story broke, and they believe the photos (yes, multiple photos) were taken well after she was 17. They offered some proof, but I can't seem to find it now. Will post a link if I find it.

20. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

"Wow, you're hot. You know, you could totally be a model"

"Really? You think so?"

"Oh for sure. You know, I have a cousin who works for a modeling agency. Why don't you come back to my place and we'll take a few pictures so I can show him how beautiful you are?"

"Well, ok. But nothing dirty"

"Of course not. Totally legit, very artistic pictures. This could be your big break..."

"Alright... let's do it."

"Now, to be really artistic, you're going to have to take your top off and pose for me in your panties. And sign this form saying you're 18... Ok, here we go!"

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Happened to Traci Lords. And she was younger and did much more than Miss California. But if I had to choose to be one of them, I'd choose Traci Lords. She turned out to be much cooler.

22. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Its like you were right there in my dorm room all those years :eek:

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Not unless she gets implants and dyes her hair platinum blonde. That seems to be his type...
    "How about this side-boob? Does that turn you on? Well it shouldn't, because it's my side-boob."
    :D

24. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

25. mcnicks macrumors regular

Technically, we haven't seen her hoohah yet.