Miss March: a terrible movie and a uMBP crasher

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by opinioncircle, Aug 16, 2009.

1. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Hey guys,

Since nothing was on my calendar for tonight I decided to rent the movie Miss March and play it on my one week old uMBP 13'.

It started off well and an hour into the movie, the screen just froze. Nothing working out, I restarted my macbook the hard way, and it did to me another time again. I had to watch the movie in a normal window not for itunes to crash.

I would like to know if someone had come through this already and if there was some kind of error that would explain the whole thing.

On a sidenote, Miss March has to be my number 1 worst movie of the year...

Thanks for the help :D

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

My :apple:tv survived it. I'm not sure I did... It was pretty awful.

btw: was it HD or SD? (I'm not sure if it was available in HD in iTunes, as I only saw the listing (or paid attention) when on the :apple:tv.)

3. opinioncircle thread starter macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I don't think it was in HD. The weird thing is that flash playback is flawless but itunes playback seem to be out of control...

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Did you migrate from an older Mac and end up using a different build of OS-X than what came with the machine? Even if it shipped with 10.5.8 (for instance) it could be a newer build than what an updated 10.5 would be.

5. opinioncircle thread starter macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

No it's a whole brand new macbook pro with no old documents. I started from scratch. Tried to look for an update and found nothing.