Missed delivery! How can I get my phone tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefanboy4, Sep 25, 2015.

1. applefanboy4 macrumors regular

Goddamnit. They tried delivering but I wasn't home. What's my best bet? My ups cc is closed tomorrow. How do I get my phone tomorrow and not Monday?

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

if your cc is closed tomorrow I don't see how you would. Unless Apple adds saturday delivery on their orders which I doubt. Your phone will be behind closed doors at the cc until Monday.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

You will have to wait all weekend to get it. Best bet is to call them and see if they'll hold there for u on Monday and not have the driver take it with him.

4. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

Several of the ups stores are open tomorrow you don't think I could get it tomorrow there?

5. SF-RR7 macrumors regular

Talked to a UPS rep on the phone cause I missed delivery and she said they have a contract with Apple and they would deliver on Saturday.
    Checked online and next attempt is Monday

6. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

same, the slip on my door says next business day, which is monday. I switched it to my local ups store, as soon as i got the notice on my phone that they tried to deliver and i wasn't home. I was hoping since the ups store is open tomorrow, and my ups cc is closed that I could pick it up tomorrow. But as of yet the estimated delivery says "information not available" right now.

So who knows.

Either way, this weeks sucks. Was hoping to unwind after a stressful week and play with my iPhone all weekend. Now I have to wait until monday, and possibly later, since I know word around this forum was that choosing the store over the cc would add a day.

So im pissed

7. SF-RR7 macrumors regular

Well I got a call back from one of the UPS reps and there holding the phone for me at the hub. Im here at the Hub now BUT the driver is not back yet

8. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a headache and am stressed. I don't know if I will be able to pickup my phone at the ups store tomorrow or not. And I'm frustrated that ups seemed to indicate Monday was the next delivery day and not tomorrow which is evidentiy the truth they deliver tomorrow.

I don't know where my phone is or if I can get it tomorrow

9. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

They delivery on Saturday if requested by the paying party and it involves an additional fee.

10. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

My main point is I requested they take it to ups store after missed delivery. It's 10pm. If i canceled the ups store delivery it's likely too late for them to reroute and deliver to my apartment tomorrow.

11. SF-RR7 macrumors regular

Don't even worry.
    I left work to go to the hub and waited an hour empty handed.
    Had to get back to work.
    They told me they will attempt delivery tomorrow and if I don't get it oh well Monday it is.

12. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

You. Left. Home?? BEFORE taking delivery of your phone?

I was scared to go into the bathroom and take a piss. :)

13. SF-RR7 macrumors regular

Had to go to work
    Told the wife to look out but she said no one rang the bell.

14. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

Calm down. It's a cellphone. You'll survive even if you don't get it until Monday.

If it was so important, why did you leave your house and risk missing the delivery?

15. cbpelikan macrumors member

cbpelikan

UPS left mine at my door without my approval. I was surprised to see it when I got home.

16. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a life! Some of us dont have the luxury of waiting 24 hours with baited breath for when ups may or may not show up.

F off

17. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

Same. Not sure whats so shocking. Some of us work for a living. I dont have the luxury to stay at my apartment all day long.

18. lat2801 macrumors newbie

So what did you ever do with your life prior to this phone coming out? You'll live, relax.

19. senrab macrumors member

they DID try delivering the phone again today (and yes it is Saturday where I am) and I did not hear the door. They must have ever so slightly tapped the doorknocker. I tried a 2nd time to have it re-routed to a UPS Store. Looks like I won't be able to get it until Monday/Tuesday or even longer if they ignore my reroute request again and send it back to Apple. Oh well. #patienceisavirtue

20. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

A saying about glass houses and stones comes to mind

21. lat2801 macrumors newbie

I'm not the one crying because I have to wait a few days for a phone.

22. SF-RR7 macrumors regular

Mines is getting delivered today and I'm waiting till I have to leave for work again.
    If no phone I guess it's Monday.

23. applefanboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

You are a delight. Foh.

24. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

They just left it at the door for me. Moving the delivery to the UPS store might delay you even further. If it's at the facility now and they're closed until Monday, it may not be available at the UPS store until Monday night or Tuesday morning. You might want to change it back to the facility.

25. 2010lexus macrumors member

Then it sounds like when you order it you should of planed to pick it up or maybe gone to the store since you have a so called life and can't wait for UPS. YOU KNEW YOU WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR UPS WHEN YOU ORDERED IT. Don't get all pissed off at someone that said to just wait for Monday. After all it's Your fault you didn't get it.