Missed Release Day Batch ... Going to Line UP?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OSMac, Sep 14, 2012.

1. OSMac macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2010
    So you missed the release day batch..., does that mean your going to line up next Friday?
  2. kevink2 macrumors 65816

Nov 2, 2008
    I won't line up. But if it appears the 2 weeks delay (ship the 28th) holds, AND the local ATT/RadioShack/Walmart has what I want in stock after work, then I may just cancel the order and walk in.
  3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

Jun 12, 2012
    personally, if I was in the two week window, I would just check the stores daily. Apple stores get shipments like crazy and I can almost guarantee you would get one before the "ships in two weeks" times frame.
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Not to mention a lot of peoples' 4S orders had some wonky ship date and they all got theirs on release day.
  5. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2008
    Probably. Not really thrilled about it either.

Passed out a little before midnight PDT, woke up at 3:30am and release day batch was gone through Apple. AT&T will only ship to the account billing address, and I'll be away until Thanksgiving. Ordered a phone for my dad and brother, currently waiting for an AT&T rep over the phone.

If I can't get a different shipping address through the phone order, I'll just head to the mall down the road next Friday morning.
  6. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2010
    Here after a couple days of long lines,
    they go to a online reservation system, reserve the night before then pickup next day.

It's never that easy as the reserve units sell out instantly...

Lots of fun :(