"Missed the Preorder, But Still Want an iPhone 4 On June 24" Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Last year, I was able to preorder my iPhone 3GS a few days after the preorder started, I had shipped to my house on the release date, and it was a great experience overall. This year, I missed the online preorder for the iPhone 4 and Best Buy isn't getting enough stock to honor my reservation. I still really want an iPhone 4 tomorrow, though. My iPhone 3GS auction on eBay is going well, and it's over later tonight.

I'll have to join the walk-in group, I guess. I don't think I can camp out or go anywhere too early, though. Any tips or ideas you guys can share? I definitely will be calling a few stores tomorrow every hour or two to check if they have stock. The Apple Store seemed to get a few shipments of new iPhones per day in the past, plus my local Apple Store didn't take reservations, but I know a lot of people will be there when they open at 7.

2. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I will be at my local Apple store when they open at 7. I'm still debating when I should go to get in line though. I'm willing to start waiting as early as I have to to insure I can get a phone, but I have a feeling as long as you're there at 7, you'll definitely get one (unless you're at a major store such as 5th Avenue, NYC).

3. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Good luck to all! Hope all goes well. Fill us in on what happens tomorrow. I'm interested to know how the walk-ins are going to work.

4. amicone18 macrumors newbie

I plan on going at around 4-5 a.m tonight/tomorrow I guess which seems good, I did NOT reserve one :(

5. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I heard a rumor that Apple Stores got a lot of stock, possibl enough to last the day. That's great if it's true. It seems prettly likely, actually. Online preorders for June 24 ended because Apple ran out of their stock alloted for online preorders. It would make sense for them to at least have enough stock at each Apple Store to last an entire day or two.