Missed this. Glenn Beck calls Ron Paul a "crazy kooky guy" at CPAC

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Really? I wonder if he watches his own program. Its clear that there is a big divide among the right, almost 3 different divides if you ask me. This is ridiculous.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/theg...e-2012-watch-vol-10-the-ron-paul-problem.aspx

The conservatives who flocked to CPAC last weekend might not have seen eye to eye on everything, but one thing they did seem to agree on was that the conference's famous "straw poll" didn't really mean all that much─especially after organizers revealed that the winner, with 31 percent of the vote, was none other than 2008 presidential candidate and long time libertarian congressman Ron Paul of Texas. Townhall.com's Meredith Jessup warned against"read[ing] too much into these results," given that "this is definitely not an indication where the GOP primary elections are headed and certainly not a reflection of mainstream conservatives." Mike Huckabee,who tied for sixth with 4 percent of the vote, dismissed the outcome as well."CPAC has has become increasingly libertarian and less Republican over the last years," he told a reporter, "[which is] one of the reasons I didn't go." And Glenn Beck simply unloaded on Paul himself,calling him "a crazy, kooky guy."

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

FOX and Paul have never seen eye to eye. Paul isn't a FOX kind of Republican. IIRC, they banned Paul from the GOP debates in 2008 for some trumped up reason.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

He participated in the debates

I was mad about his role though. During the debates, Paul had no talk time....it was all about Huckabee/Romney/ and McCain

6. werther macrumors regular

Yeah, I believe he is referring to the RNC (Republican National Convention) where Paul was not invited and thus held his own 'convention'.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

8. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Tragic. I had always heard that Beck and Paul were friends, which is the only reason why I tolerated Beck with curiosity right when his popularity started to rise. Of course his antics lost my support quite quickly, but this is just a final nail.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's what I was going to post.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

This is the first time I can recall being in agreement with Glenn Beck.

What's the temperature in hell these days, BTW?