Missing cash from my itunes acct

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adapa, Nov 24, 2011.

1. adapa macrumors newbie

I should have abt $33 buck in my itune account. today I sinked & updated my phone but while doing so I noticed my itunes account only has $13 dollars in it. I tried to log on & my pass word didn't work so I reset it. my old pass word was 'strong'

I have had this happen last year consequently I don't have a cc on file & use only gift cards with itunes.

I checked my history & it shows no purchases. Is there any way to check when I added my gift card? Do gift cards money expire?!?

Anyone have this happen to them?
    and no, no one had access to my computer.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Call Apple.
    They will tell you how much money you had, when, what you bought if any or where the money went.

3. adapa thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm glad to hear they've got more info then the account info we can see.
    thanks for posting.
    I'll call them tomorrow

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Be careful on what you do. I had an unauthorized charge on my iTunes account when I was using Paypal. Made a claim in Paypal, got my money refunded and iTunes banned me from the iTunes store.

The amount was for about $31 and if I had known I would have my account disabled, I would have taken the $31 loss and changed my billing back to a CC.

By the way, iTunes has no phone support, you have to do it via email through their support page.

5. troyhouse macrumors 6502

create another itunes account?

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Can't be done. I have tried restoring my iPhones as new, restoring my computers as new, changing my IP and even using a new ISP and upon creating a new account, tells me to contact iTunes support.

I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking for help on how I could get around this and no one had any suggestions. They have banned me as long as I keep my current iPhones/computers.

7. troyhouse macrumors 6502

wow thats too harsh, just for 31$ charge back?

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Well whoever was responsible for that $31 charge, charged over $4,500 worth of charges on hundreds of accounts and all of them had negative balances. iTunes claimed that They belonged to me after I supplied them with my billing address and credit card numbers used in the store.

They gave me the list of accounts and most of them were using Yahoo email addresses and well, I have no clue what the passwords were since they didn't belong to me so now I am stuck with no account and no LEGAL way to update a few hundred apps, some of them expensive such as Navigon and TomTom.

I can still obtain apps for my phone in other ways but I preferred to buy them and be honest. They have also cured me of spending about a $100 per month on TV shows because I now get them elsewhere.

I will buy a cheap Windows computer next month and see if I can setup a new iTunes account that way using the unsecured WiFi from a near by business (Grease Monkey) while I am at my job.

Apple has beefed up iTunes security with all of these hackers lately and unfortunately, I am victim of it. The company that has made my devices has access to them to ban me from the iTunes store in ways I never thought possible.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Ouch. Didn't even know that's possible. I'd probably get a new computer and new ISP and phone and use a po box address and gv number and my middle names and use gift cards.

Haha. I've actually done that before but not for this case, though i believe it will perform greatly. You're a new person on paper.

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'll do that eventually. I do have lots of payment options to go with and a used Mac is always in the cards.

I'll wait a bit though. It's been a month now since my account has been disabled and I don't feel as bad or angry as I did the few days after it happened. I enjoyed using the iTunes store so much and bought all of my favorite shows there rather than DVRing them or buying them on DVD.

11. adapa thread starter macrumors newbie

I constantly preach to my friends; only use iTunes's cards, never attach a cc to your account.
    I'm going a step further & only putting a small iTunes card on my account going forward.

12. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I agree. I've heard a lot of horror stories.

With the sale at Best Buy of $100 iTunes GC for $80, I purchased 2. Now that I have $200 in my account, I'm sure it will last me a good couple of months. I have my checking account debit card attached right now, how do I remove it? It seems like it requires it.

13. ZipZap macrumors 601

How can apple ban you if you own apple products that need to use itunes?

Perhaps the whole/clear story has not been presented.

14. hexonxonx macrumors 601

They disable an ID which prevents you from buying apps and music from the store. It doesn't prevent you from being able to use iTunes to sync music to the phone/iPad.

15. adapa thread starter macrumors newbie

IIRC, go into your account, select edit next to your card/payment, clear info & click done. it's that simple- but they do lead a person to think it's necessary.

16. adapa thread starter macrumors newbie

so their first reply was to *laboriously* explain to me how to see my account history and continued on to give me total statistics on my account.
    I replied, please keep the conversation to this year & I know how to look at my account. please tell me when I put my $50 gift card onto my account.

second reply; *laboriously* explaining to me how to see my account history & further explaining in detail how things could be confusing if i synk my device to more than one computer
    to which I replied; I have gone over my account purchase history repeatedly and with great study. & I only sink it to one computer. CAN you PLEASE tell me when I put that $50gift card on to my account?

third reply; FINALLY, she told me when the gift card was put on my account. She went on to notify me there I had a second account which has $35 dollars on it & maybe I was confusing the two accounts.
    to which i replied;
    I just added up all the purchases I made on my account between 1.6.11.
    I suggest you do so to double check my math.

according to my math, I made purchases totaled $16.89 over this past
    year. I put a $50 gift card on my account on 1.7.11.
    $50 - $16.89 = $33.11
    The way I read this is that $20 bucks is missing from my account.

She's due back at work tomorrow...how much you wanna bet I'm instructed on how to read my account history pages. At the very least i'd put money on her not adding up my purchases since I put the gc on my account.