Missing Music!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, Dec 26, 2011.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

So, I noticed some songs were missing from my iPhone. I attempted to resync my phone, the songs were selected in iTunes, but after it was done the songs were still not on my iPhone... Or so I thought. I was frustrated and gave up.

A few days later I somehow realized the songs were still on my iPhone, they come up if you do a search for them, but won't come up on my iPhone. I noticed the same songs are doing the same thing on my wifes phones.

Has anyone else seen this and do you know how to fix it?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Reading that you resynched (physically, I assume) that you don't have iTunes match? Do the missing music have anything in common? Purchased from Apple? etc.

3. Power Ranger macrumors member

I had the same issue. I think it has to do with how the iPhone 4S reads ID3Tages or something. Anyway, use Foobar and try deleting all the "Album Artist" tags, then re-import the songs. That should work.

4. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

I have two albums that don't show up unless it's in cover flow

5. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I had the same issue. In the end I had to UNsync all my music (and then sync the phone), then resync all my music. In itunes it showed everything was back on my phone, but I couldn't see it til I restarted. Annoying glitch.

6. SplicedBanjo macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this applies to your situation, but if you want to find them by artist, you will have to make sure "Part of a compilation" is unchecked in iTunes.

7. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

I did just recently get iTunes Match. Funny, before I had iTunes Match I went into purchased in iTunes on the phone and re-downloaded it directly on the phone and it appeared. Now that I have iTunes Match, is there a way to have it redownload everything directly to the phone?

Tried this originally too, still didn't help.

Interestingly enough, that is checked on the ones I noticed it with. Going to test now. Unfortunately I think I found one the other day that was missing as well that may not be part of a compilation, but can't recall what it is right now.

----------

I tried unchecking it, but still doesn't show up on the phone. Thought I was onto something.

8. SplicedBanjo macrumors regular

Are you syncing your iPhone to iTunes Match or to your computer? Did you resync after unchecking?

9. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

I believe I am syncing to iTunes Match.

Backup is set to: Back up to iCloud

Yes, resynced. Even unchecked the songs then synced, then rechecked and synced.

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No, iTunes Match isn't your iCloud backup, it's a separate service you have to pay for, to get all your music in the cloud.

So, are you syncing via wifi, or with the cord?

11. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

I did purchase iTunes Match, but have no clue how to set it to backup to Match.

I still sync with cord for some reason, don't really wireless.

12. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Turn it on in your computer, let it do it's thing. Turn it on in your phone, under music. It's not a backup, however, it just gives access to all your music from anywhere.

13. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

Well, it is turned on and certain songs are still missing... :(

14. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

iTunes Match "deletes" all the music from your iPhone and changes it to look like your iTunes on your computer. The structure and look of your music will be different from the original after iTunes match and the entire process begins. Songs that were already on your phone will remain and the rest will have the cloud icon.

There should be an option to download everything or you can do it per playlist/artist/album/song. You can play the songs even if they have the cloud icon next to it. It will download first, then play. There will be a couple of seconds of delay before it plays however.

15. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

Some of my artists have clouds next to their names, but other then that it looks pretty much the same.

Still songs missing and have no clue how to get them back!

16. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I'm NOT using itunes match. And I've had issues with missing music and missing audiobooks for a month or two now. I guess I don't think the issue is with itunes match.

17. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

I've had the problems from before using iTunes Match,, so I didn't think it was a match problem.