Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakudo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
Hi, is the shuffle button in Apple TV 4 (latest update) missing or am I doing somethung wrong? Can't shuffle anything from Apple Music, can't find the button or any other possible way of how to shuffle...

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
when on the now playing screen, scroll down
i had to go online to find it also

----------------
sorry, just realized i was in the aTV forum.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Looks like Apple Music content created by Apple is not meant for shuffling.
You can shuffle all your own music, that you have under both Music > Library and Computers > Your Library > My Music

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
I would understand that, however, I can't even shuffle any album from Apple Music. In previous version, I was able to shuffle everything.
Yep. I can't find any way to do that either. On the positive side, now we can have lyrics on the big screen ;)

EDIT: Just discovered it! You indeed can shuffle Apple Music albums and playlists! In fact, you can also set them to repeat all or one.
The trick is, you need to use the aTV remote app for that, 'cause in tvOS 10 UI there is no control to achieve the same.

Last edited:

jakudo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
Yep. I can't find any way to do that either. On the positive side, now we can have lyrics on the big screen ;)

EDIT: Just discovered it! You indeed can shuffle Apple Music albums and playlists! In fact, you can also set them to repeat all or one.
The trick is, you need to use the aTV remote app for that, 'cause in tvOS 10 UI there is no control to achieve the same.

That's great idea! I have to try it when I get home. Thanks:)

Reactions: MikeatOSX

trombo22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
I believe if you press and hold using the remote on a song in the playlist or album you want to play there is a bunch of options including shuffle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.