Mission Repair iPhone insurance (glass only), $40 no deductible

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JimboJones97, Jul 10, 2010.

1. JimboJones97 macrumors newbie

Any one have this/filed a claim?

http://www.missionrepair.com/Articles.asp?ID=276

It seems that for $40 you get one year of coverage (or $50 for 2) on the glass/digitizer/lcd assembly only. Best part is no deductible.

That's almost the cost of a bumper. Anyone see any gotcha's in the fine print? They do seem to require you to install one of their lame screen protectors to get coverage. Even thought the new iPhone screen is highly scratch resistant, just susceptible to falls.

2. brayhite macrumors 6502a

From their website:

"We are fully backed and underwritten by a licensed insurance company. Even if Mission Repair disappears off the face of the planet (trust me, it won't happen), however you're still covered!"

Call me picky, but I have issues trusting a company that has grammatical errors. It just makes them appear somewhat careless or hasty. But other than that, they at least seem to offer a good deal.

I also found this:

"Yes. The Screen Protection coverage will replace your screen in the event of a drop and cracked glass or other damage to the screen, with a limit of one time per plan."

Ehhh. So I'd be paying $89.99 for a Screen PLUS Protection Plan that lasts 2 years, but only once I can have the screen/glass repaired? I'd shop around for places that just fix your iPhone on a one-time basis and require no prepaid plan. What about iFix?