Mississippi=fattest state in the union

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dswoodley, Aug 28, 2007.

1. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Next year it'll be like alabama or michigan. Fatest country would be funnier. :)

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And the funny thing is, I bet a good portion of Mississippians don't think their state should be in the union :rolleyes: :D

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I would gladly accept them (and the rest of the south) leaving the union.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Me too. I kinda wish the union hadn't won the civil war :D

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Odd, you'd think it would be a colder state, but there it is.

We already are the fattest country. Mexico is a distant second, with Britain not far behind it. Britain being the fattest in Europe.

7. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

With Australia and New Zealand nicely positioned to finish well on the run in.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You know how we like to follow your lead. 51st state and all :rolleyes:

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

LOL. you guys are too much.

10. Queso macrumors G4

Revolting isn't it? Back in the mid 90s you had to go to the USA to see really fat people. These days you just look out the window. And they nearly all say it's their glands/metabolism etc. too. A valid excuse for a few for sure, but certainly not in the numbers of obese now wobbling around the UK. Most of them just put in far more calories than they use.

11. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

The only state that can leave the union is Texas.

I'm currently in the "leanest" state, but alas, I am not among the truly lean..(about 20lbs should be shed)

12. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Go to the USA and go to a wal-mart. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. :D

They've started adjusting clothing sizes in the US to make fat people feel good about themselves....like even if they put on a few extra inches around the middle they're still a 'medium' or 'size 10'.

edit: I decided to look for a pic to add to my post for extra effect, and came up with this absolutely classic result:

[​IMG]

13. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Oh don't get me started on clothes sizes. I can only buy shirts from one company now (American Apparel) because all the major shirt companies (Hanes, Fruit of the Loom) have funky sizes. The shirts are really wide and short. Not good for someone who is tall-ish and extremely skinny. They never ever ever fit me.

Shopping for dress shirts is impossible. I don't own any nice shirts because the only way I could get ahold of one that fits is to get a custom fit which is way out of my price range.

14. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

remove the south from the union? what would we do without fried chicken, collard greens, sweet potato pie, and sweet tea? have you ever come south to see the southern belles in their white sun dresses in the spring? my gosh! not everyone is obese here, and those who aren't are gorgeous. i love southern girls.

15. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Sshhh...