Mississippi is forbidding grocery stores from calling veggie burgers “veggie burgers”

Anarchy99

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
CA
as someone who's been on the carnivore/zerocarb diet for the last year, i wish BC had some kind of legislation around this.
its not even so much about confusion because sure at a glance you may get confused but i know from experience as soon as you have a closer look at any packaging you can see some kind of marking/indicators its not actually meat.

my issue comes from most grocery stores have a small meat area so selection is already limited.
now it needs to share its limited space with unrelated products.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
as someone who's been on the carnivore/zerocarb diet for the last year, i wish BC had some kind of legislation around this.
its not even so much about confusion because sure at a glance you may get confused but i know from experience as soon as you have a closer look at any packaging you can see some kind of marking/indicators its not actually meat.

my issue comes from most grocery stores have a small meat area so selection is already limited.
now it needs to share its limited space with unrelated products.
Most grocery stores have two aisles of meat and 1/4 of an aisle of vegan stuff here...

Reactions: ronntaylor

Anarchy99

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
CA
Most grocery stores have two aisles of meat and 1/4 of an aisle of vegan stuff here...
most grocery stores i know have one isle of meat.

usually with one side having the butching area and/or deli behind the cases/counter where the opposing side is either half hight open freezers or full hight closed door freezers.
if your lucky and its a big store it may be a extra wide idle and has a half hight open freezer island in-between each half of the isle.

ive never seen a grocery store with 2 isles of meat, im jealous of your area.

that said most grocery stores i know of have a frozen isle as well and there are some smattering of processed meat in them along with their ice-cream, frozen pizza etc.

Reactions: Eraserhead