Missouri students burn ISIS flag on campus

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 9, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://eagnews.org/video-missouri-students-burn-isis-flag-on-campus/
    pretty cool.

2. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

So when they burn our flag, we're outraged. But when we do it, it's ok......

Not supporting ISIS, but I hardly see how behaving in the same manner as those that burn the US flag in a large group chanting, " Death to America" is pretty cool.....

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's a good way to get your point across. Then again I'm not someone who will get mad about protestors burning the US flag.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

ISIS isn't a country, it's a group of cowards who prey on women and children. Wait for a republican to hit office and you will see how fast these guys tuck tail and run like the cowards they are. Their hideouts will be children's schools and other civilian heavy areas like the rest of their religious friends.

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

It doesn't matter if it is a country or not, it's the same basic behavior that I am getting at. They burn our flag, a lot of people are outraged at it. Yet people here engaged in the same behavior.....

Me neither. Burning a flag is and should be protected as free speech. I just question the double standard a lot of people have when it comes to something that is controversial such as burning the US flag.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

we should offer them US flags to burn to keep warm after we bomb them back to the Stone Age.

Not sure why anyone would be bothered by these savages burning a flag, now if it's a country like Iran that we are dealing with that's a different story.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

We might attack, but more likely we will ignore ISIS, and fund their allies as long as they don't use the ISIS brand so we can hit the Russians without starting a world war.

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

If ordinary citizens in Iran want to burn American flags on their own initiative, fine. It is the Council of Guardians/Revolutionary Guard "Death to America" demonstrations/rallies/flag-burnings that are troubling.

2013 example.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yep.. just like Al Qaeda ran to the hills when GWB sent the boys in..

Oh, wait...

BL.

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

They did and I chased them all over the hills, and those were big hills too.

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And yet they continue to exist today. So could someone please remind us why if a Red is elected POTUS, ISIS will quickly turn tail and run?

BL.

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yes they are. ISIS won't run that's ZA imagination talking again.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That's what I thought. we're on the same page. :)

BL.

14. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

I hope flag burning stays legal, it keeps those of us in the flag producing industry cash bigger checks.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Boots on the ground by 2017 guarantee. That's if Putin doesn't steam roll Obama again.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

POTUSSR.

;) lobbing cruise missiles, yet. Gotta love that guy.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'll hold you to it. Then, if it does happen, we should come back here and admit that we were wrong..

With our tails tucked between our legs.

BL.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If that's all ISIS were doing you'd have a point. It's not flag burning that outrages people about ISIS actions it's the burning people... in cages yet; it's the beheadings; the rapes; the corralling of innocents out of there homes and forcing them to join their "army" under duress. It's the systematic destruction of ancient cities and artifacts in a bid to wipe out history.

Show me people here that do any of that themselves yet are outraged by ISIS burning flags. Then you might have a point. But flag burning isn't barbarism just free speech -- not that ISIS would allow anyone to burn it's own flag in its own areas of control.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

YOU have tails??...................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Haven't you seen the backs of our coins? ;)

BL.

21. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You mean wait for body bags carrying countless America soldiers who died in yet another futile war.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It was actually a pretty successful war until Obama pissed all over the dead troops bodies and handed back all of the progress that had been made over the years.

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Bull ******* ****! Iraq was nothing but a bloodbath started under faulty pretenses and went on far longer than the Bush administration claimed it would.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Burning flags is generally a symbol of impotent rage and frustration. The sort of action taken by people who have no other means of expressing their hatred for whatever is symbolized by the flag at issue. I'm generally not impressed by flag burnings - except for the one the Soviets did to all the captured swastikas and other assorted Nazi paraphernalia at the end of WWII.

That said, I'd personally be in favor of burning the City of Milwaukee Flag:

[​IMG]

Not because of my hatred of the Cream City; but because its a horrible muddled mess.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should we poll Iraqis on whether they were better off before or after Obama took office?