Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammyb1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
UK
So I was bad and opened a christams present early - I got the new Missy Elliot CD - This Is Not A Test.... which is testing my patience.
It has it's own music player...and I cant import the songs into i-tunes, when they do import they are all of 8 secs long....is there a way to beat this pesky problem?
All I want to do is put the tunes on my i-pod.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Re: Missy Elliot, Copy Protected Cds & i-tunes

Originally posted by sammyb1
So I was bad and opened a christams present early - I got the new Missy Elliot CD - This Is Not A Test.... which is testing my patience.
It has it's own music player...and I cant import the songs into i-tunes, when they do import they are all of 8 secs long....is there a way to beat this pesky problem?
All I want to do is put the tunes on my i-pod.

I remember reading that you could use a Sharpie and black out the outer ring of the CD to disable copy protection. You may have to look online to find the article or maybe someone on these forums might know more about it.

Here's an interested article that discusses copy protection and Apple's stance on it

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
what about toast? can it see the files? i'm assuming finder does not see the CDDA files...

peace.

btw- i got that cd off the iTunes store...it's ok; some cool beats, but she's needs some content in her songs. Timberland is good, but he's no Chad and Pharell (or Pharell and Chad for that matter ;)).

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Try using Onyx or TinkerTool to turn invisible files on, then see if you can get the individual files off of the CD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.