Mistrial in Cosby Case

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

The judge has declared a mistrial in the Bill Cosby case.

I'll admit that I haven't been following it closely but, from the news reports since he was arrested, it sounded like a guaranteed conviction.

His defense portion of the trial was only six minutes long :).

Do you think this will have an affect on similar trials ?

2. HEK Suspended

HEK

Prosecution can try again. Different jury, different outcome. Cases such as these have a high burden of proof to overcome. Only takes one juror with a touch of doubt to make for a mistrial.

If this were a one off case, I would feel differently. But with so many victims coming forth, I can't believe there is no guilt. However, that is not part of burden of proof in any given trial. It can not be presented.

In the court of public opinion, he was trashed long ago. At some point, prosecution will make a compelling case and convict. Course the appeals will go on for ever.

3. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I'm not surprised. At least there is some assurance that Cosby will end up like OJ, everyone will know he's guilty, he'll probably never really work again, and his life as he knows it is over. That can be his punishment if nothing else.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And they are:

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/...secutor-will-go-to-trial-again-429095473.html

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Has it been reported how many jurors wouldn't vote to convict?

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Cosby has been reported to be celebrating the mistrial by having a party in his hotel room.

7. HEK Suspended

HEK

Any ladies wanna join him, he got booze and pills. What could go wrong?