Mitt Romney an honest man? I think not.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So the other day I saw a clip of Ann Romney proclaiming how honest her man is. If that was really true, why did he make the lies up about welfare months ago (and stick with them even after being proved wrong)? And now it seems like he is doing the same thing again. He has latched onto the idea that Jeep is moving jobs to China. The company has said that is not true. Yet the campaign and surrogates continue to make the claim.

I just do not understand the constant blatant false claims. Even the notion by Ann Romney that her husband is honest, is itself, a false claim. There's plenty enough to criticize the President for without resorting to made up things. It just makes himself look bad and look desperate.

I don't understand how a man that considers himself religious, can hold onto blatantly false statements. That would seem to contradict the teachings of God, would it not?

And even if this bit about Jeep were true, it seems more then a little hypocritical that Romney would complain about a company coming in, buying another and moving jobs elsewhere when he was urging for those companies to be put through bankruptcy which would have involved the same thing. Things he did while at Bain.

But it's even worse when the claims are not even true.

Think this article's title sums it up best:

People of Ohio: Mitt Romney Thinks You’re All Idiots

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/10/mitt-romney-ohio-ad-car.html

Doubling down on the falsehood today:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/...-jeep-ad-is-100-percent-correct-and-accurate/

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This is what disgusts me (from your first link):

This is why when you're on a witness stand, you're asked to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Romney's campaign is getting desperate now.

And this is what frightens me (from your second link):

What frightens me? That they get caught in a lie and still insist it's the truth. There no longer is even the slightest pretense of backtracking or false remorse. It's just deny, deny, deny.

And there are way too many people that fall for this kind of crap, because they won't even believe the factcheckers.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Why do you think it is not true? All because the company said it is not true doesn't really mean it is not true. Looks like maybe Jeep production might go to Italy.

4. vega07, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

vega07 macrumors 65816

Countdown to conservative posters like VanillaIce countering with "But...but Prez Obama lies too!" 3...2...1...

There's really not much to say. Romney does think the people of Ohio are stupid.
    It makes me wonder how the campaigns in four years will be. Can it get any dirtier than this? Republicans, are you guys worried at all that your candidate is setting a new precedent for lies?

I wish there were some legal ramifications for blatantly false ads.

----------

Really? :confused: You are reaching way too far there my friend. *facepalm* That article was published after Romney released the ad, and doesn't prove Romney was not lying.

HONESTLY, this ad spews lie after lie!

"Obama wanted GM and Chrystler to go bankrupt." Wait..what? Who was it that wrote an op-ed "Let Detroit go Bankrupt?"

"I will protect every American job." Like you did at Bain Capital?

"I have a plan to grow the auto industry." No you don't!

How on earth do you go on defending Romney?

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

But...but Prez Obama lies too! :eek:

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Yes. Really. Hey Apple I heard the next iPhone is being released in September. Apple: "No it is not." Oh ok since you said its not then that must be true. :rolleyes:

Remember they got a huge bailout from this government. Do you think they will be confirming things like this a week before the election? I really don't know who to believe so to say it is a blatant lie on Romney's wouldn't be 100% correct.

7. vega07, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

vega07 macrumors 65816

Sigh...

You completely ignore the fact that this ad was based on an incorrect assumption/misreading from a conservative blogger of the original Bloomberg article. Romney then takes this blogger for his word and goes on the stump to recite this lie and then make a video ad.

And you continue to reach...

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Yeah, but he's really good at it and can fool many people. A quality similar to Clinton. He could look you in the eye and say he didn't have sexual relations with that woman, miss Lewinsky and you'd believe him.

9. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You've just told mitt that he is not accountable for his actions. That's not a very republican thing to do.

10. vega07 macrumors 65816

Yes! Let's derail the thread and start talking about Clinton and Lewinsky!

11. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I guess you missed the point that Romney's opponent, the current president has a lot of qualities like the last democratic party president. :rolleyes:

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

In kinda the same way Romney has a lot of qualities like the last Republican Party President.

13. vega07 macrumors 65816

And you missed my point that conservatives on this forum when unable to defend their candidate resort to deflection and moral equivalencies.

14. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Regardless of what you believe his lies are I trust Romney with this economy over the current president. How much has he added to the debt? Good thing Republicans have been the "party of no" for the last couple of years. We probably have $25 trillion in debt now.

Bottom line, a little razzle dazzle from Romney to get elected doesn't change the fact that Obama can't handle the job.

----------

Oh good, I voted for him twice. Still a better option than Kerry or Gore.

15. CatsTide macrumors 6502

3,2,1....It was a mob

16. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-sided_argument

Because Obama never lies or stretches the truth
    :cough cough cough:

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/false-claims-in-final-debate/

Republicans aren't any better with conserving public funds. Look at Reagan...his preach was limited government and further transparency, but in practice his spending was more out of control than any other candidate at that point. And republicans are more than willing to pile on to the debt if it has to do with one of their dominant ideologies, such as "defending" marriage. There's also no proof that someone who is well vetted from the private sector will actually even be efficient in the public sector.

17. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You are seriously defending Bush? Even though he not only tanked the economy but also and pushed back*** social, global, and ecological policies? Some of the same policies Romney has pledged to push BTW?

18. vega07 macrumors 65816

I don't know. You tell me. But from what I know, Bush's tax cuts, two wars, and Medicare part D are hugely responsible for the increase in debt.

19. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I don't think that was his intention.

I'd really like to know your reasoning there, but I don't want to derail the thread.

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Silly man, personal responsibility is only intended for librools. Cons can do whatever they want.

21. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah, so when a company says something it is not true. But when Mitt Romney says something you can take that to the bank (in the Cayman Islands)? You just can't seem to accept the fact that the person you seem to idolize lies all the time. You have a distorted reality of the man, much like his own wife does.

Ah, because you don't know who to believe it automatically makes it not true. By that logic Romney must be George Washington to you and can never tell a lie, since if you have doubts about this, you'd probably have doubts on any lie Romney said. But just to be sure, is there anything you DO think Romney has lied about? Anything at all? And if so, what was it?

Not me. I never believed that he didn't have sexual relations with that women. So not all of us are completely gullible. On another note, I got to see him in person recently. That was pretty cool as I had never seen a President before, other than on TV. But that doesn't mean I agree with him or believe him on everything either! :)

Ah, you trust someone who hasn't told you the details of his plan and who's budget guy VP lies about even his running times. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

As for party of no...one of those things they said no to was JOBS BILLS. But they said yes yes yes to abortion bills. Is that how you want your tax dollars spent? They also said yes to defending DOMA. That is costing you tax dollars as well. Wow, they really are saving money. :rolleyes:

Good God...razzle dazzle? Is that the new politically correct term for lies now?:eek:

22. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

All I can say is, if you want a preview of the BS Mitt will put through just look at the crap John Key tries to do down here. They might as well be clones.

23. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't think even Clinton's supporters believed him. I just think no one really gave a crap.

24. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

This is such BS! All the hate you guys do towards Mitt Romney. It’s as if you think Obama’s crap doesn’t stink. We understand 90% of you HATE Romney. Worthless topics like this over and over are ridiculous. I swear, most of your guy’s arguments & complaints are about Romney being a liar as if Obama is honest 100% of the time. Stop listing to the main stream media and start paying attention to what’s happening in the Real world. I have yet to see the liberals/dems on this forum talk about what happen in Libya. The cover up an LIES Obama and his administrations doing. 4 American heroes are dead and Obama has yet to speak the truth and he’s doing it to protect his chances of re-election. Obama and Hilary Clinton have blood on their hands and you guys are ignoring it. Even the Father of one of the Seals is calling Obama a criminal.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...-had-no-remorse-biden-made-disrespectful-joke

I don’t understand some you guys. I’m not saying it in disrespectful way either. You have every right to support whomever you want. I just can’t believe some of the things that are said about Mitt Romney when Obama won’t come clean about Libya’s terrorist attack. Sickens me.

25. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816