Mitt Romney has 'Romnesia'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 184550, Oct 19, 2012.

1. 184550 Guest

POLITICO- Barack Obama: Mitt Romney has 'Romnesia'

It's worth clicking to read how Obama diagnosed some of the signs you might have Romnesia.

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Wow! This is a first that a politician evolves his position. :rolleyes:

3. 184550 thread starter Guest

So, in your opinion, Romney is being completely sincere when changing his position on multiple issues this close to the election?

Mind you, we're not talking one or two issues, we're talking five plus issues.

Maybe you can explain what made him come 'round this late in the game? :confused:

4. leenak macrumors 68020

Well doesn't he also change his position within the same day/hour? That is pretty quick :)

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I wonder how much of this is pandering to the base and if he gets elected will he move center.

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It's one thing for a politican to change their position over the years. Another for them to change it over a period of days, hours, and sometimes even minutes.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Seriously? The Republicans hammered John Kerry as a "flip-flopper" in 2004 because he changed his position once on a few issues.

Mitt Romney changes his position on every issue every time he speaks depending on the crowd he is talking to.

[​IMG]

8. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Nothing evolving with this man. Nothing.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Here's the Romnesia video. that was pretty funny. Good thing it's covered under Obamacare ;):D

10. vega07 macrumors 65816

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

"Romnesia", what a great term! Great for beating your conservative friends about the head and shoulders. :D

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh here, let me fix that for you...

Wow! This is a first that a politician has evolved on SO MANY positions in such a short amount of time, often next or even same day.

There. Much more accurate. I think maybe Romney misunderstood the name of the position he is running for. It is COMMANDER in Chief. Not PANDERER in Chief.

And edk99 this is really a legitimate question for you. With THAT many flip flops how can you trust this man to do whatever it is that you like him for?

13. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You stole my response!

That's classic Obama and it's great to see him in top form.

14. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

And how can you trust a guy who has done absolutely nothing he has promised and won't be able to do so in the future. Regretfully we have no choice this election.....

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

And lee will post the what Obama has done site in 3...2...1

16. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

I'm old and beat up ..I can take it:). It really is sad that we can't get the house, senate and White House all on the same page to get our collective asses out of trouble.. I mean the USPS is $15 billion in debt while FedEx and UPS make money..who's driving the bus?

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

18. leenak macrumors 68020

I think many people feel that Obama isn't the best pick but I think he is the better pick of the two. Considering that Romney is promising everything to everybody, he'll break more promises that Obama ever did. So you are right, we have no choice but to vote for Obama.

The economy has improved and will continue to approve and obviously a president isn't solely responsible for successes or disappointments. I'm hoping that both parties have good, strong candidates next election. Right now though, Obama seems a much better choice.

19. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I'm sorry, but I'm to the point where I cannot believe people are falling for this **** still. I could understand maybe a few months ago when a lot of people were just starting to research candidates, but not now. It is so blatantly obvious that this man has no core. There are so many examples CAUGHT ON TAPE on every single issue that show that he's flipped multiple times (usually a minimum of FOUR TIMES) on any given issue depending on what his audience wanted to hear or which election he was in (Mass. general for Senate, Mass. general for governor, Republican primary '08, Republican primary '12, general election '12). He is lying to you- what can't you understand? The chances of him doing what you imagine he will do for any cause you care about is only 50-50 on ANY issue. He is erratic. When someone presents to you 4 different videos of him saying "yes", "no", "yes", "no" to a given topic over the course of time, that is not "evolution". "Evolution" is going from point A to point B, not point A to point B to point A to point B.

There is absolutely no way anyone can be "for" Mitt Romney as he is at any given moment. I would challenge anyone to, without looking at any prompts, sit down with me and tell me what Mr. Romney is FOR on a multitude of issues. It is not possible. I guarantee you if I took your list of answers to Willard and asked him the same questions, he'd be against half of what you said he was for and for half of what you said he was against. Then, if I brought the list to him in a week, the entire list would be reversed. I wouldn't even attempt to ask any substitive questions about DETAILS of policy because that is impossible to be known because he has yet to give any.

It's so ****ing confusing and nonsensical that I am just throwing in the towel and not believing it anymore. Somebody can be for the Republican platform, somebody can be for Ron Paul, somebody can be for Rick Santorum, but nobody can be for Romney. Anyone "for" Romney is against Obama, plain and simple. I just want to know one question from "Romney supporters": how can you make a sincere effort to walk into the polls and pull the lever for someone when you are not actually "for" them but simply against the other guy? Does it make you feel good that you are pretty much rolling in the gutter picking any empty suit to be President of the United States? I just cannot see the honor in that.

20. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Lol, the last 4 years have sucked so bad everyone is voting for real hope and real change this time.

21. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I forgot- let me fix that and be concise for people having a hard time understanding:

EVOLVE ≠ REVOLVE

Let me fix that for ya too:

"voting for ... real FAST change this time. As in, a change in position every hour for every issue."

22. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Disagreeing with what Obama has done does not equate to him not accomplishing many of the promises he has actually done.

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

He's actually accomplished quite a bit and many of the promises he made, and he would have accomplished even more had it not been for non-stop Republican obstructionism. You can not agree with his policies but saying that he hasn't done anything or hasn't kept any of his promises is just inaccurate and makes you look quite uninformed.

Everyone buying in to Romney is a sucker. Ask the many people in Massachusetts who voted for him in 2002 and are voting for Obama in this election. He's an empty shell full of empty promises that change every time he talks to a different crowd.

24. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

That'd be less funny were it not for the large proportion of his followers who do not believe in evolution.

:p

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

So most people would vote for Romney, even though you, who have experienced his crap say not to. That's pathetic.