Mitt Romney tells Donald Trump voters they’re ‘suckers’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 3, 2016.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/mitt-romney-tells-donald-trump-voters-theyre-162616616.html

this is yet another reason why I am voting Trump, because the GOP despises the man & it is going to extreme levels to get rid of him. Trump 2016.

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

He's a catcher's Mitt. Looking for a pitcher.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

4. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Some like you will vote for him whatever happens and there a millions who are hard core supporters of Trump and unlike any candidate will remain with him even if he breaks off as an independent.

If Trump got dissed by the republican elders and decided to exact revenge by backing Hilary, as CNN guessed was increasingly possible, then the Trump supporters would do just that. Like him or not, I have never seen supporters so loyal. Trump could be anti-abortion one day and change his position and he wouldn't lose one percent of his base. Trump could double down on recent 60 Minutes interview and decide to be for socialized medicine and Trump followers would agree. It's loyalty and it's good for Trump but bad for guys like Cruz and Rubio.

But at the same time I just saw a major Trump supporter say that while it won't change her vote for him, Romney's speech will really hurt Trump because there are millions more who are republican but undecided and this speech can sway them. I think many Trump supporters are both angry and scared at the undecided republican voters who could be for Trump on Monday but change their candidate twice more before Friday. Good or not, flaky or well reasoned, republican voters usually do not vote until the very last minute.

Unlike the democrats, the republicans may decide 3, 2, or even the day of the vote in the primary. When Trump was literally tied in Texas in favorable polls (back by no more than two points in other polls) with an extremely unpopular Ted Cruz, something made a lot of Texan republican voters choose Cruz at the last moment.

While I don't agree with Trump, he's right in pointing out that Cruz was one of the most failed GOP politicians in its history and is largely hated there. Texas brought in Cruz to change GOP and work with Tea Partiers, neither of which Cruz was able or willing to do. What made people pull the lever for Cruz in the last six to nine hours of the primary? I think, correctly or not, that Romney thinks this can happen in other states and that Kasich will win Ohio and Rubio in Florida.

If this happens then we have the math for a contested republican convention. That being said it's still possible that Trump will not only win both those states, but he will crush them giving the GOP establishment no other option but to back him. Let's see what happens.

5. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

Bernie > Trump
    there is a reason for Trump , I hate him but I despise someone else more than I will ever despise Trump.....

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

my god thats great. don't like him but will vote for him. Don't ever mock anyone for voting for anyone you don't like again.

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

As has been said many times, this election is being seen globally as America's IQ test. If Trump gets the vote I really don't know how they can continue as a serious super power lol.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

a president that has been locked out of at least one country.

9. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

trump has the potential to take out the GOP :eek:
    --- Post Merged, Mar 3, 2016 ---
    Chinese checkers VS Chess. there is a lot riding this election & the thoughts of other countries are irrelevant.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You know there are third parties out there so you don't have to vote for either Clinton or Trump. You live in California, there is no way your vote for Trump is counting considering the state is winner take all with its electoral votes and the Democrats will win it.

It seems like it would make far more sense to register a protest vote for say the Libertarian party to say that you don't like the establishment, but you also don't support a racist like Trump. Unless of course you actually do like Trump despite saying that you hate him.

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Not on an international discussion forum where the views of people from 'other countries' are very welcome though. ;)

12. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

I don't "protest" vote
    [​IMG], Ron Paul & Gary J have had my vote, this election I am still going to see who best represents me, that said one can still push Trump even if you don't end up actually voting for him :D. there is a greater goal with Trump.:cool:

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I got it, you're voting based on feelings. I loves me some irony.

14. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

they are welcomed bit still irrelevant :D

you guys don't get to vote my friend.
    close, very close.

15. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Views are not irrelevant even here and voting has absolutely nothing to do with voting or not. You might feel saying my views are irrelevant to dismiss them, but I can still share them ;)

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So a racist better represents you than the Green or Libertarian party? They both have about the same chance of winning California as Trump does.

17. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

I am not trying to stop you from sharing them
    [​IMG]

I am just saying they are not going to change anyone's mind :D
    never voted Green, I have voted Libertarian for a while.

would be nice if you stopped pissing on my current lunacy :mad:

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I hate to break it to you but your opinion isn't going to change anybody's mind either. You get your vote but what you say here is just as influential as me. ;)

19. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

can you PLEASE stop making sense? :p

20. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm just trying to understand why you would support someone like Trump, from your posting history I don't tend to think of you as racist, so I'm not sure why you would be supporting someone who is like him. Especially when a third party candidate has at least as much chance of winning your state as the Republican candidate.

21. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

post 40 here http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...strategy-exposed.1959409/page-2#post-22633213

pushing for someone & actually voting for them are 2 different things , the one guy I WOULD PHYSICALLY vote for would be Bernie. ;)

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    He's voting for what he sees as the lesser of two evils, which I can see the logic of, if not necessarily agree with.

I don't like Hillary. She's just another talking head endorsement of a system that's lead us to this uneasy point in the first place. But in her case, I'd rather take a broken but still relatively steady status quo over an unknown with potentially extreme consequences, and hope we get a better set of options 4 years from now.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Well said. Then there's that Supreme COurt thing.

24. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So are you saying you'd support Trump, but not actually go out and vote for him?

25. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

yes/no, as said there is a good chance of seeing the world burn and right now only ONE guy is able to accomplish that . you already know my physical vote does NOT count, so pushing the guy with the matches makes sense, unlike Rens above I don't want to continue the status Quo. in hopes of getting someone better in 4 years . it's crazy/illogical/maddening & an EXTREME long shot, but screw it , I am in :p