MLB At Bat Audio AirPlay Issue

Force332

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
I have a second generation Apple TV and I have been unable to AirPlay MLB At Bat game day audio from both my iPhone and iPad. When I attempt to AirPlay to the Apple TV I either get a message saying, "An error has occurred," or the loading icon will show continuously and never begin playing the audio. I am able to AirPlay everything else from both my iPhone and iPad with no problem, including video from MLB At Bat. Has anyone else encountered a problem like this or know a possible fix? Thanks!

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
I have a second generation Apple TV and I have been unable to AirPlay MLB At Bat game day audio from both my iPhone and iPad. When I attempt to AirPlay to the Apple TV I either get a message saying, "An error has occurred," or the loading icon will show continuously and never begin playing the audio. I am able to AirPlay everything else from both my iPhone and iPad with no problem, including video from MLB At Bat. Has anyone else encountered a problem like this or know a possible fix? Thanks!
Have you tried rebooting your Apple TV? I have found this to correct some Airplay issues when it doesn't work.

CTIA

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2012
MLB At Bat - Audio AirPlay Issue

I am seeing the problem as well

MLB.COM At Bat will not AIRPLAY from iPhone 4s or iPad2

Pandora and Music (iTunes) work fine from both iPhone/iPad

MLB.COM At Bat used to work fine (I listed to a few spring training games no problem as recently as 2 weeks ago)

airwalk331

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
I'm seeing this issue as well. I get the dotted spinning circle on my screen and it just never plays the audio.

My iphone plays everything else just fine and both my iphone and Apple TV are up to date with their software.

Does anyone have any other info on this??

intake66

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
I have the issue as well. I sent them feedback but sadly the feedback for error logging didn't have an option to even report issues with at bat 2012 and the season has already started. Not to surprised that MLB can't get it right. They have been bending fans over ever single year. All we can hope is they read the reviews.

pixelcat2

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
Solution to At Bat / Airplay issue found

Found the solution after some trial and error:

1. Click on "Gameday Audio"
  2. Tap the Gear next to the "Gameday Audio" title
  3. Change audio playback from HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) to Shoutcast Default
  4. Click the "Gameday Audio" back button
  5. Pause/Play audio if it was already playing
  6. Click the Airplay button. Selecting the Apple TV will now work.

Tada!

Jaycaustin

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2012
I have tried your solution and I really want it to work but when I change the source for the audio it changes back to the http source. Am I missing something here?
Thanks