MLK's Niece stands w/ Glenn Beck - against racist NAACP

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Aug 23, 2010.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

In a day and age when a great number of blacks choose to simply follow the same racist groups that have falsely 'represented' blacks for many years, more and more African Americans are taking another route -taking a honest look at the viewpoints of the 'other side.' Thanks to leaders like Alveda King, standing up for and telling the story of her uncle's conservative values, the constitution, love, hope, and other obvious things MLK also stood up for, many blacks who had previously not looked beyond the BIG 'D' on the ballot, are discovering that they to want to avoid the politics of race, that to get beyond racism they had to stop labeling themselves primarily by their race and start associating themselves primarily based on their worldview and who they are as INDIVIDUALS.

Although they're attacked, demeaned, and verbally abused being called 'Uncle Tom's' by the cowardly, misinformed, biased demagogues from the left... they stand up proudly for what they believe in... equal OPPORTUNITY, freedom, liberty, and the right to be judged on your character instead of the color of your skin. Things that Glenn Beck has spent more time in the past year promoting on TV than any other TV personality out there. (Sorry, does that fly in the face of the elitist propaganda and biased contextual distortions you get from the HUFFPO, DailyKos, and Media Matters?) The truth hurts.

Folks, if you still think the TEA PARTY is racist, you're simply not paying attention... and if some comments in this forum are serious... many of you unfortunately don't even know what the word racism means. For the record, it doesn't mean simply criticizing someone of a different race. Bottom line, it's easier for you to argue if you can just label your opponent as racist. It's been a tried and true liberal tactic for many years, baseless as it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GizNwzKo3n8

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Monday morning and a new culture wars thread by fivepoint. I can set my freaking watch by him. :rolleyes:

3. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

For those interested in looking beyond the NAACP and other race baiting BS:

4. mactastic, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010

mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So one example of what you claim is NAACP racism (even though it wasn't) is enough to call the entire NAACP racist, but you get your panties all knotted up if anyone suggests that the plentiful evidence of racist Tea Partyers means the whole group is racist?

Good to know you practice what you preach...

5. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Do you speak for all black people, fivepoint?

Do the people you quoted speak for all black people?

Are you aware that just because a certain individuals have darker skin tone than you that they all don't share a collective mind?

6. Queso macrumors G4

"Them and Us. Us and Them. It's all their fault."

GarageBand has other uses than just loops fivepoint.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Like the old saying goes, same ****, different day ;)

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ron Reagan Jr. stood with Barack Obama and against the Republican party. Guess that means Reagan would stand with the Democrats too. :cool:

9. fivepoint, Aug 23, 2010

fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

The entire NAACP is fundamentally racist. One more example in a long line of propping up the idea Hyphenated-Americans. Group based politics, people that think anything other than the content of your character should change they way people treat you, the funding you get from the government, etc. Racist and damaging at the most fundamental levels. Sad more people can't see that.

\

Are these serious questions? 96% of African Americans voted for Barack Obama, so obviously 'I' and the 'people I quoted' don't speak for 'all' of them. ;)

Do I think people with a 'darker skin tone' share a collective mind? More importantly... Is it easier for you to argue with someone if you can avoid the intelligent debate and simply create scarecrow arguments and define your opponents positions yourself? Next, you'll be calling me a racist to put me on the defensive... wouldn't be the first time.

10. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Haha, so very transparent and telling of the weakness of your argument when you refuse to even comment on the substance of the content posted and resort to personal attacks instead. Congratulations, gentlemen.

11. yg17, Aug 23, 2010

yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

One NAACP member says something racist=the entire NAACP is racist

One Tea Partyer says something racist=He doesn't represent the Tea Partyers and is more than likely a liberal plant, and the Tea Partyers are almost all good people with valid concerns

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow, every last one of them huh? You got any broader brushes?

13. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

If you would have actually read what I wrote (refresher below), you would have seen that I was discussing the NAACP organization, not the individual members... but go ahead, keep on with your transparent scarecrow arguments.

"The entire NAACP is fundamentally racist. One more example in a long line of propping up the idea Hyphenated-Americans. Group based politics, people that think anything other than the content of your character should change they way people treat you, the funding you get from the government, etc. Racist and damaging at the most fundamental levels. Sad more people can't see that."

And go ahead, keep avoiding the actual content of the OP. Keep ignoring the conservative black Americans and the common sense they espouse... the truth is catching on, no matter how deep you bury your head in the sand.

14. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I've got a fun idea for a game... we're already at post #13 with no liberal forum member being willing and able to discuss the actual content in the articles/videos I have posted. Let's see how long it takes, how many posts, how many pages it takes before there's a substantive, on-point, non-personal-attack, post about the thread topic from a liberal forum member.

And.... GO!

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh fivepoint- you mean THIS Alveda King? Oh yeah, she's a real winner! :eek:

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/08/watch-alveda-king-speaks-at-nom-event.html

Why you continue to align yourself with wackos such as this woman is beyond me.

More:
    http://wok3.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/alveda-king-gay-marriage-leads-to-genocide/

http://colorlines.com/archives/2010/08/martin_luther_kings_niece_alveda.html

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

How can an organization be racist but it's members not be racist?

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Holy crap, that woman is a ****ing loon.

Note to Alveda: Denying gay people the right to get married isn't going to turn them straight and force them to have kids.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Even more about this woman:

http://colorlines.com/archives/2010/08/martin_luther_kings_niece_alveda.html

Fivepoint, you seriously need to do some research before you start putting people like this woman on a pedestal. She's nuts.

There's so much online about her

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmem...s-niece-calls-gay-marriage-genocide-video.php

19. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

She'll be extinct when her time is up. There is no viable option right now. ;)

And someone please introduce this woman to the concept that "Less is more.".

<aside>

Is there some way to hook PRSI up to a wind turbine??

</aside>

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sorry, but it does not surprise me to watch her attack here own when she's going around saying crazy s*** like this.

21. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Getting a minority on board... the old smokescreens are the best.

22. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Some of her comments on gay marriage are certainly regrettable, pretty surprised as every time I've heard her speak she is rather eloquent and thoughtful.

Anyway, thanks for bringing that to my attention... but at the same time I must point out that your comment is perhaps the most offensive post in this thread so far. "does not surprise me to watch her attack her own". Perfect example of the warped mentality of the left and the leftist groups in this country.

'Her own' is the American people. Black, white, red, it doesn't matter. People don't gain liberties because they are in a certain race group, as our constitution states... they were handed down by our creator. Group politics, hyphenated-Americans, have seen their time come and go. If you truly want to move above the race issue, you have to walk the walk... something that Glenn Beck has been an extremely vocal proponent of and I think MLK supported as well.

Avoid the temptation to follow the left and the race-baiting organizations to turn one color against the other, we are all humans, we are all Americans, we should all be judged on the content of our character not the color of our skin... on that point, Alveda is exactly right.

23. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I honestly don't think this is an issue that can be competently discussed -- and by issue, I mean the broader ones of race, identity, and racial equality -- on a forum such as this. I wonder why you think this is easy enough to discuss here.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

There is no issue to discuss when we're talking about wackos with no credibility. Alveda King has no credibility, as I've already shown.

25. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Amending the 14th Amendment - incredibly unlikely to happen due to massive requirements, yet the GOP and Tea-Party are embracing this concept.

Immigration - GWB tried reform, the GOP stopped him. President Obama has increased border security, stopped more people and advocates reform. The GOP and Tea-Party are embracing Arizona style immigration politics that arguably violate the Constitution.

Abortion - The USSC ruled on the issue, and for the most part, the law is pretty settled on what can and can't be done, yet it keeps coming up.

Flag Burning - would require Constitutional amendment.

English as a National Language - would likely require Constitutional amendment unless limited to official documents, etc...

10 Commandments in government buildings - would require Constitutional amendment.

Prayer in School - would require Constitutional amendment.

Gay marriage - a constitutional question of equal rights and basic civil rights, not really a matter for majority decision.

Lower Manhattan Community Center - GOP calling it a "ground zero Mosque" - to stop its construction would require, you guessed it, Constitutional Amendment.

OK, my point is that all of the above issues are issues that keep popping up on ballots, commercials, and talk radio in order to drive interest in voting by the GOP base and the Patriotic or Christian voter. These issues rarely ever translate into any action, any change or any policy shifts, but they do get people to the polls, and they do get people to vote based on a single emotional issue instead of issues that actually affect them.

Taxes, health care, education, social security, the military, foreign policy, peace in the middle east, financial reform, etc... Those are issues that both sides actually do things about when they are in office, and those are the issues that affect voters. (When Reagan, Bush and Bush were in office, can anyone point me to major efforts dealing with the issues listed above? I'm sure there were some things, but really, they are called wedge issues for a reason.)

Alveda King does have one good point. To the extent that we as a people should judge each other based on their individual merit, as opposed to basing our beliefs solely on their skin color or religion, she is absolutely correct. We should embrace MLK's message of equality, tolerence and individual civil rights.

Unfortunately, Ms. King also has allowed her beliefs regarding a few of the wedge issues to drive her support to others who claim to believe the same way she does on those issues. She's not alone. There are millions who vote solely on issues that don't change, and don't affect them.

If wedge issues rarely change, rarely are addressed, and aren't really the issues that the GOP and Tea-Party want to address if elected, then what do they stand for?

Lower taxes on the wealthiest of the wealthy?
    No restrictions on Banks or Wall Street?
    No Financial reform?
    No unemployment extensions?
    Eliminating or phasing out Social Security?
    Cutting Medicare/Medicaid benefits?
    Eliminating organizations that provide community assistance?
    Providing health care to the poor?
    Passing rules to assist people who are in financial trouble?
    Credit Card reform?
    Infrastructure reform?
    Green energy?
    The environment?

There are issues that affect us all as Americans, and for some reason, we're talking about wedge issues instead of the things that government is actually equipped to deal with.

One final thought. There are a lot of reasons why the NAACP and many black Americans support Democrats other than the color of their skin. Just look at the list of questions and ask yourself how each party would answer them, and which answer actually helps regular, everyday people.