MMR doctor Andrew Wakefield fixed data on autism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Feb 10, 2009.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I know we've had this topic come up a few times here. My wife and I even discussed this when we had our child. Thankfully we decided that any reported risk of autism as a result of vaccination was likely to be far lower than the risk of serious complications as a result of contracting one of these diseases...
    What a tool...

2. toontra macrumors 6502

He was in my class at school and I had my only serious playground fight with him. He was an arrogant, obnoxious twat then and he still is now, apparently.

3. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

There you go, now go get your children vaccinated!

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

This guy (and all the other antivaccine whackos) has blood on his hands.

5. djellison macrumors 68020

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I know someone who's a rabid, virulent anti-vaccine crusader. I'd love to rub this in her face, but I know her response would be that this is a cover-up by the AMA. She's that kind of person.

7. toontra macrumors 6502

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5728998.ece

Hah, looks like the US has the pleasure of Wakefield's professional expertise these days, being funded (very handsomely) by charitable donations.

I guess when you are under investigation for misconduct in your own country and are still in denial about your fraudulent claims, where better to go than the land of conspiracy theories and gullible nutjobs to continue your "work".

The scary thing about this is that Wakefield and his supporters very nearly got legal aid (i.e. taxpayers funding) to the value of many millions of pounds to fight the case against MMR in the early 2000's. Wow, that would have been embarrassing!

8. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

In truth this part of an unfortunate suspicioun of the medical community. The research has been debunked previously as I;m sure you know, but regardless of this parents still chose to take the risk.