MMS on AT&T iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac.fanatic, Oct 27, 2012.

1. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

I have seen a few threads about this, but none of them actually answer my question: What is the issue of sending/receiving media on an iPhone 5 through AT&T cellular network?

My first iPhone should be here soon. I heavily rely on sending and receiving pictures and other media. Is there a known problem that the iPhone can't send/receive multimedia messages?

2. Nonono macrumors newbie

I've sent about 10 mms messages today no problem. What have you heard?

3. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

4. Dopestar macrumors regular

Dopestar

Mms on iphones is no issue .. I have seem improvements with ios6 when i comes to receiving and sending gifs pics...

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I have seen absolutely no threads about this and I spend far too much time on these forums!

6. giancarlo007 macrumors member

No issues that I know. Where have you heard that?

7. xA4Hx macrumors member

8. Baggio macrumors 6502

Most MMS failures are usually related iMessage to other iPhone users. It's usually a matter of one phone losing connection to the iMessage server, but it usually defaults to s a standard carrier text message if it fails. I can only speak for AT&T.

9. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Since 9.21, I have had no issues with my iP5 with regard to MMS.

10. DITZE macrumors newbie

No problem at all.

There SHOULD NOT BE ANY problem for sending or receiving sms & mms.

I had problem one time to send or receive MMS without iMessenger, totally fine with iMessenger, but later on, I found the probem is because:
    I restored a BACK-UP from my iPhone 4S. When I got my iPhone 5, I did not want to lose settings, pics, contacts and so forth, so I made a back up for my IPHONE 4S, then I restored the BACK UP to my iphone 5, then, I could not send or receive MMS through without using iMessenger, that particully means, I could not send or receive MMS from non-iPhone.

I went to settings and reset the settings, everything worked totally fine.

I think, even the network is not working great, and you are using iMessenger, it still will go through, just will have a delay.