MMS on iPhone? Been out of the country. Please fill me in.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waywardsage, Oct 5, 2009.

1. waywardsage macrumors 6502

waywardsage

I was out of the country and devoid of internet! Shivers. So i wasn't able to keep updated on AT&T's switch on of MMS for iPhone. They say you need to attach your iPhone to iTunes in order to actiate the MMS.

I have a couple questions on this:

Does it require you to update to OS 3.1? If so, has anyone figured out how to keep your Tethering hack? When i left the US, everyone was still trying to figure this out.

Will MMS just work normally if i'm using OS 3.0.1?

Also, if i update to iTunes 9, am i forced to update to iPhone OS 3.1?

Any help would be great.

2. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

In the time that it took you to write that post, you could have found the answer to your problem about 10 times by doing a quick search.

3. fastblack macrumors regular

In the time it took you to write your post, you could have answered the guys question. There is a lot of info to look through when you are searching.

Tethering will not work with the newest firmware as of yet.
    MMS however can work fine on 3.01 if you ran the carrier settings previously.
    Itunes does not force you to update

4. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Does it require you to update to OS 3.1? If so, has anyone figured out how to keep your Tethering hack?

No need for 3.1. In fact stay on 3.0.1. get yourself the 5.5 carrier file, there is a thread on here with the file, and exact procedure for windows and mac.

Then go over to the benm.at site, and get the configuration. tethering works great, bluetooth and usb.

MMS work 100% perfect, tethering works perfect.

No version of itunes will let you do the carrier file normally without 3.1 first. so do it the way i said above.

5. waywardsage thread starter macrumors 6502

waywardsage

Do you have a link to this carrier file? I tried doing searches, but there's SO MANY posts about this, it's really confusing and i seem to be way behind in my reading.

6. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

7. waywardsage thread starter macrumors 6502

waywardsage