Mobile broadband “pay as you go” solution?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by PaperQueen, Sep 20, 2009.

1. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

Have been trolling for info on the forums here, but am only running into posts from the UK and Australia.

Is there a U.S. option for “pay as you go” mobile broadband that will work with a MacBook Pro (on 10.5.8 now, but the box with Snow Leopard is sitting on my desk)? Most of the time, I’m able to wrap hotel internet access into a client contract, but occasionally, business trips are on my dime. Sure would be nice to have a PAYG option for the handful of hours I need here and there while on the road.

Virgin Mobile’s Broadband2Go still shows as only PC compatible. Can’t find anything else......help, please?

Thanks in advance!

2. LenaH macrumors newbie

mobile 'pay as you go'

i'm having that very same problem. in fact, i can't find a solution even if i were to prepay, postpay or rent. i can't find a device to use and yours is the first post that exactly matches my issue. apparently, the technology simply is not available yet. . . .

any help from anyone reading these requests would, i'm sure, be very much appreciated.