Mobile bug?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I find that sometimes after tapping on a thread on my iPhone, I am taken to the last post in the thread. Surely that's not by design?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The new software goes to "unread" posts by default. This could be the last post.

If you definitely want to go to the first post, you can tap the date

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The new software goes to "unread" posts by default. This could be the last post.

If you definitely want to go to the first post, you can tap the date
On an iPhone the only date shown in the topics list is the date of the most recent post.

Is there some way to opt out of jumping to the most recent post? This is rather useless to me, especially for threads I have never previously visited.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
On an iPhone the only date shown in the topics list is the date of the most recent post.

Is there some way to opt out of jumping to the most recent post? This is rather useless to me, especially for threads I have never previously visited.
It should go to the first post if you never entered the thread (from any device) before. If not, sounds like a bug.

That said, if you turn your phone into landscape mode you should see more on the list of threads including the original date of the first post and can tap on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.