Mobile Hotspot on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnothy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I added the $30 mobile hotspot on Verizon. I have the unlimited data package so is the hotspot unlimited to? It was 2GB for $20 before when I had a 3G iPhone, but now the $30 hotspot is the only option.

2. darster Suspended

If you have the unlimited plan, and add the hotspot for $30, you get unlimited data for tethering.

3. formerpc macrumors 6502

As I understand it it's $30 for 2GB of hotspot use for those of us on unlimited plans.

----------

Source please because this goes against everything I've seen. I'd love for this to be true.

4. JSalig macrumors 6502

No way in hell. Not even Sprint allows unlimited tethering.

5. aneftp macrumors 68040

It's unlimited hotspot for $30. I have used that feature on my Gnex with Verizon when I had that phone. Actually $24 with my discount. Best part is u add/delete anytime unwanted and u get pro rated charge

6. CheesyTators macrumors member

It is true..I am using it now on my Thunderbolt and will use it on the iPhone when I swap the phones between lines. The unlimited hotspot is ONLY for 4G phones that are on a grandfathered unlimited data plan. It's $30/mo. If you have a 3G phone you are stuck with the $20/mo for 2GB plan on a grandfathered unlimited plan.

IF you need proof, call Verizon and tell them you want to add the 4G unlimited mobile hotspot promo and if you meet the above requirements, you will be happy as I am!!

Go to this thread and see my screen shots showing I have the feature. And if you look at the pic on the right you will see it requires an unlimited data plan. Post # 18 in this thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1442619

7. formerpc macrumors 6502

8. johnothy thread starter macrumors regular

johnothy