Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pharmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
I have had outstanding service from ATT for years now, when they upgraded to LTE in my area I pulled anywhere from 10-40 down as measured by the speedtest app. Safari was sure snappy! :p I have had the 'Data pro 2GB' package for my wife and I for 4+ years. Two weeks ago, I changed to the 10GB share plan and noticed this week everything has been very slow. I opened up speedtest, and now I'm only getting 0.07 to 4 down. I have restarted, rebooted many times. Anyone else notice speed problems when changing to new plans?? I thought it was a tower problem, but my new results are consistent around town. :confused::confused: I changed so I could tether to my laptop, but these speeds make it unusable. Anyone else with similar experiences? The 2GB plan is gone now, and I fear a war trying to get it back if this is indeed the problem.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
The mobile share plans aren't throttled. Call AT&T and ask them if they're having any network issues in your area.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
My plan bill cycle just ended yesterday - we had one gb left and my last speedtest yesterday is below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 106

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
Maybe try resetting network settings first. Also go to settings>general>about and see if carrier settings get updated.

Pharmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
Thanks for the insight, I have some follow up to do with ATT. I tried resetting network, no dice so far.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
So, what does your performance have to do with OP's?

Most likely a network issue OP.... I find my service (top speed service that is) is hit and miss.

Because if the plan was throttled And he and I are on the same plan - those speeds would be impossible ,,,,,it's called an visual example

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
more likely when you changed plans something got messed up on AT&T's end. Go into an AT&T store get a new SIM card and tell them to re-partition it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.