MobileMe accounts being compromised. If you have a Gawker/Gizmodo account, read this.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrat93, Dec 12, 2010.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I got an email a few minutes ago along with an "Important Message" from MobileMe sent to my phone...

"Dear MobileMe member,

The message sent at 9:06 PM on December 12, 2010 has been displayed on Michael ******’s iPhone 4 at 9:06 PM on December 12, 2010:

Your @me.com account has been seriously compromised due to the gawker leaks. I advise you to change your password immediately."

If you have an account on Gizmodo or any other Gawker website, you should change your passwords NOW!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You left out an important detail there sparky, if you signed up for an account using your mobile me account ... Right?

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

right,

this is a problem if you used the same password on Gawker/Gizmodo as you did for your mobileme account.

arn

4. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

You guys are right. I still feel that a large amount of people on this forum have accounts there, whether they used their MobileMe, Gmail, or any other email account, their accounts are in danger. Just figured I'd post this. I only learned about this because I got the email. Gmail users and others may not be notified.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's a bad idea to use the same password for everything, especially one used on public forums or social networking sites. Keep separate passwords for everything, especially email accounts, financial accounts, etc. That way, if one password is compromised, nothing else is affected.

6. gks macrumors 6502

This is why 1Password rocks.. Use different passwords for each site and have them randomly generated by the app.

7. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

oooooo ya, gana have to change my gmail when i get home