MobileMe Syncing—losing preferences

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by alphaod, Mar 9, 2009.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have syncing set up to sync my preference across all my computers; I mainly use it to sync my Spaces preferences; however of late, I've noticed that every time perform a sync, I lose all my keyboard shortcuts for Spaces, notably F8, Ctrl/Arrow, Ctrl/Number.

I thought if I changed it back and resync, it would sync the updates back and resolve the issue, but that doesn't work. I don't want to delete my preferences or anything because I don't want to risk MobileMe erasing everything—that would be really bad.

Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Is it asking you if you want to merge or overwrite the different settings before it syncs?

3. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

It doesn't ask for anything. I mean I can sync everything out and most things work out; Spaces is almost guaranteed to slose all the Preferences. The thing is, this doesn't happen on my Mac mini, so I'm confused.

Oh I should have mentioned this only happens on my MacBook Pro; I've tried unregistering and stuff already.

4. ProPedderKustom macrumors regular

I'm having the same exact issue between my new Macbook and my new Mac mini. Any suggestions?