I currently have an early-2008 15" MBP (4,1) with 200GB @ 7200 rpm HDD, 4 GB RAM, 2.6 GHz processor, & anti-glare screen. I'm currently running Lion 10.7.5, but want to upgrade to Mavericks 10.9. I love my MBP, but I have outgrown my 200 GB & need to upgrade storage ASAP at the very least. The majority of the work I do is teaching online via Blackboard, editing on Photoshop, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, Excel, & other web design apps, so storage & quicker loading are very much in demand. As I am at a crossroads, I wanted to ask all of you for your wise opinions: do I mod my current MBP to get 2-3 years more out of it or just upgrade to a new model? 1) Obviously, cost is the first deciding factor. I have the money to spend on getting a new 15" MBP, but with the SSD upgrade to 1 TB I would want to add, it would be 3x the cost of modding my current MBP, so I am not 100% convinced I HAVE to spend it. Thoughts? 2) I've done some research & decided that if modding, I would go towards swapping out my current HDD into an external enclosure & keep as back-up, then install a SSD in its place. My current drive slot is only SATA @ 1.5 GB, so I don't think I would benefit as much from the 6 GB/s SSDs out there (if I understood it correctly), so a 3 GB/s is enough. Looking up my serial number, etc. lead me to a 480 GB SSD at 3 GB/s as the best fit for my computer, mainly the OWC Mercury Electra . I also have an empty ExpressCard 32 slot that I was thinking about putting a 64GB or 128 GB SSD into in the future as well. Would it be worth the cost getting the 1TB Samsung Evo instead, even though it is 6 GB/s, other than the extra storage capacity? 3)The Retina screens are undeniably gorgeous, but I'm not sure how much more eye-strain I would get compared to the anti-glare screen, given the many continuous hours I sometimes end up teaching online. 4) I read that the new MBP are currently not user-upgradeable, so that is also a bit concerning. I think OWC is rumored to come out with eSATA upgrades or something, but not sure I'd like to be stuck with my factory upgrades only. Can anyone confirm/deny? So, thanks in advance for your comments, suggestions, etc! If I forgot to add any info that might be pertinent, please let me know!