modded macs

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Here, check mine out.

I love it, but I'm thinking about selling it, question is, will the mod decrease the value? I'm hoping to find a Mac freak who'd want it.

Attachments

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Originally posted by topicolo
You're the guy who did the Sapphire powerbook? the one on applefritters? Nice piece of work nevertheless
Not the original one, I just took the cue from them. Its not as smooth as I'd like it, but that's life. I may try to strip it and start over, but I'm note sure how to do it. I don't want to eat through the actual plastic;)

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Originally posted by dnte42
And of course there is always the less functional aquarium...

Aquarium

Nice PowerBook BTW
Yeah, I love the macquarium, I've got an old MAc Plus, But I'd hate to gut the sucker, kind of sentimental, you know.

Sherman

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Berzerkeley
My case mod goes as far as a lot of stickers. That's about it.

I've seen some great ones. If I get a tower I'm gonna take out all of the insides and put em in an older mac case, possibly an old 6100/120 AV that I have lying around, replace the plastics with clear, and then put a blueish spray on the inside. BlueMac. Dual 1.25Ghz style.

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
yeah, the skins are all right, cheap reversable mod, at least. I like the ibook mods, transparent is pretty freaking sweet.;)

Liamcow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
anyone knoow where i can get my new (15") iMac modified, i would like the black shell, (as seen is a few past threads) that would be crazy

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
does anyone have any experience removing paint from a case? I've got some spots I'd like to clean up, but I don't want to strip the black off, any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.