'Moderate' American Muslims Stone and Abuse Christians Practicing Freedom of Speech?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jul 14, 2012.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

This is a mess Muslims throwing things at the christian protestors. But you Know the Christians went there to harass and belittle Muslims and scream persecution the whole time.
    The whole all Muslims are evil/violent is getting very old.
    I know if this was turned around it would have been worse. Christians can not tolerate anyone saying anything about their beliefs while they are perfectly ok doing it to others and screaming persecution at the same time.
    of course we hear the freedom to practice our religion thing going on unless you are not christian then you can't do it without harassment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GzMnRungA4&feature=relmfu

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'd be tempted to throw something at those *******s too and I'm not even Muslim. I hate all religions equally.

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

… make no law … abridging … the right to peaceably assemble …
    Antagonizing other people, even if you feel compelled to spew your precious message, is not considered "peaceable assembly". Fomenting unrest and violence is not tolerable under the broadest stretch of one's rights of expression. All the granted rights must account for the rights of others in the same breath.

In this case, the christians were not within their rights to instigate violence in this way. Passive-aggressive is still aggressive.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This is nasty.. Both sides have a case for pitting 3 provisions of the 1st Amendment against each other. Speech vs. Assembly, and Religion vs. Religion. Either way, we lose.

BL.

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Don't worry, there will be no Christians left soon enough.

Islam teaches the infidel must be subjugated, converted it killed.

Which will it be for you?

6. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

They were both wrong. The 'freedom of speech' was being blurred with outright verbal assault. And it is absolutely not okay to respond to verbal assault with physical assault.

7. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Same thing with Christianity. How many have been killed and subjugated and converted in Christian history?

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Theoretically, it could turn into a net positive. If religious conflict escalates, we will just amend the constitution to say that you have a right to practice your religion in private but not a right of public religious expression. This would eliminate televangelists as well as things like "Piss Christ" and perhaps some parts of Dawkins' speeches as well as the creationists' arguments.

In the end, I believe that not talking about religion in public would have a salutory effect on society in general.

9. TPadden macrumors 6502a

Why can't we all be civilized and just kill for money? :cool:

10. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Do we need any more proof that religion is just causing nothing but trouble?

Instead of spreading love, hope, peace and happiness, people get up in each other's arms because they feel threatened by each other's mere existence. I'm sick of it.

11. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Christianity has been doing the same for generations. The power of the church was only tempered here in Europe in the late 1950s and early 60s.

I would give you odds that more people have been killed in Jesus's name, than any other deity/belief.

12. leekohler, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't get it. What was this event and what were people protesting?

EDIT- OK, so this was an Arab American festival and Christians decided to disrupt it? Well, **** them. Those same douchebags do the same thing to us gay people during the Pride parade and I have mooned them and flipped them off too. Why is it that some "Christians" can't just let people celebrate?

I mean seriously, do American Muslims protest Christmas and Easter celebrations with megaphones and such? No. ****ing pieces of **** got what they deserved. Was it right? NO. Was it deserved? Hell yes, it was. **** those morons. Leave people alone. If we gay folks grew a pair, we'd do the same when they disrupt Pride. But I guess we have to be better than that, although, I wish we weren't a lot of times.

Bottom line- these "Christians" went looking for a fight and they got one. ****ers got what was coming to them. Dumb ****s.

Christianity teaches the same for gay people. Which will it be for you?

And you know what else? I hate Christianity and Islam equally. They both suck. But I don't go to their celebrations and protest them. I agree with live and let live. Sad that neither religion agrees with that sentiment. Religion gives way too many people an excuse to be ***holes.

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

"anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death." (Leviticus 24:16)

One of many bible quotes that incites violence towards others for not conforming to your religion.

:rolleyes:

While I would gladly live in a world free of christianity, islam and pretty much all other forms of deistic theism they're certainly not going anywhere soon.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Amen, sister (pun completely intended).

15. MorphingDragon, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Lord, lead us not into temptation... :p

[​IMG]

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If one wanted to send you a brush that wasn't so broad, where would one send it?

17. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Oooh Lake of Fire.. *trembles*

When your idea of freedom of speech is hampering the freedom of speech of someone and generally being a prick - you eat stone.

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Sickening video, for all sides concerned including the 'Australian Neocons' who appeared to post it. Reminds me of the madness in Northern Ireland. Just sickening.

19. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

Both religions teach violence. Not every automaton follows it. Fox News much?

----------

You really haven't spent much time in NI during the troubles if that reminds you of it :D

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I was going to compare this video to ones of the Holy Cross incident, but I see on YouTube that all the relevant videos have been turned into polemics (seems to me the videos should be allowed to speak for themselves without the addition of music, slogans, or commentary). Then again, looking at how adults harassed the Holy Cross children, I guess religious bigotry can be even worse than the spectacle at Dearborn.

21. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

Yeah NI took it to extremes. But granted, the personalities you have in the US videos are the same that helped perpetuate the troubles in NI. In the right circumstances both sides would be capable of extreme violence, all in the name of God of course.

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

What continually amazes me, is their total lack of faith in their lord, in that he will sort it all out in the end.

Who elected them to be the angel of death??

Or are they like Jake and Elwood. ;)

23. eric/ Guest

eric/

To be fair, in many Islamic countries being gay will get you killed, and Christians wouldn't have the opportunity to be protested against while being in public.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There's Muslims protesting downtown most of the time, often with megaphones, I wonder how prsi would feel if I threw some rocks at them...

Islam is an inherently violent religion masked as a peaceful one.

25. Fazzy macrumors 6502

not this crap again.