Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CandyRedNinja

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2013
Austin
I'd like to try this, but don't want to lose jailbreak. Thanks for the heads up though. Maybe someone stock will try this out.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
I'd like to try this, but don't want to lose jailbreak. Thanks for the heads up though. Maybe someone stock will try this out.

Their are instructions for both jailbroken and nonjailbroken phones on the link. Installing the modified carrier update will not affect your jailbreak.....

fronesis

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2012
I believe this only affects users that don't have the aws tmobile iPhone.

False.

From the tech talk on TMOnews:
For those with an iPhone 5 that supports AWS, this hack will also help you as well as it will connect to the strongest tower (PCS and AWS) rather than the preferred type of tower.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
Has anybody tried it yet?

I did. Can't say there's a huge difference, but reception in my condo went from around 4.6Mbps to 6.7Mbps. Not a huge jump and may just be normal variation. Hoping it will solve the problem where my data seems to hang occasionally and I have to go in and out of airplane mode to get it going again.

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I did. Can't say there's a huge difference, but reception in my condo went from around 4.6Mbps to 6.7Mbps. Not a huge jump and may just be normal variation. Hoping it will solve the problem where my data seems to hang occasionally and I have to go in and out of airplane mode to get it going again.

Well that's good to hear! I hope it resolves your problems!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.