Mojave 10.14.2 changes

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Martyimac, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Martyimac macrumors 68000

Martyimac

On my 2018 mini and my nMP the 10.14.2 update changed my screensaver setting from using my photos library to a generic built in screensaver.
    Anybody else see any changes from the update?

2. ProTruckDriver macrumors regular

ProTruckDriver

I haven't seen any changes. I updated about 4 hours ago.

3. alien3dx, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 68000

Martyimac

Found another problem. Printer "not found". Happened on both machines using 10.14.2. I had to remove the printer, rescan and select the printer, then reinstall the printer.
    And before anyone asks, yes the printer was up and connected to my home wifi system. The Windows 10 machines did not have this problem.
    It just works? Bah humbug.

5. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

wait... someone's having a problem with their mac? has the world finally ended? or maybe... it's not so serious, it's easily resolved, and is more of a quirk, than a bug/disaster/reason to switch OSes...

6. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 68000

Martyimac

Sure glad I didn't say anything about switching OS's. :p

7. chabig macrumors 603

Switch it back. “Problem” solved.

8. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 68000

Martyimac

I did and yes, problem solved. But the real issue is, there is no published reason for the update to have done this. It's surprising, has never happened before and  should not have done it. Or if there WAS a reason, they should have put that info into the release notes so we wouldn't be caught unaware.
    I did file a bug report.

9. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

unless, of course, it's not an issue everyone has, but just some quirky behavior you've experienced. not everything is a conspiracy...

10. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 68000

Martyimac

I just updated my '15 rMBP to 10.14.2 and the same thing happened to it. While I don't hold to a conspiracy I do find it quite odd that all 3 of my machines had the same thing happen.

11. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

If someone changed every plist file on my Mac to show 10.14.1, I wouldn’t even notice anything weird. That’s how many changes there are in 10.14.2.

12. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

i find it quite odd that you mentioned 2 macs originally... and now it's 3. :cool: but seriously. could be something you have in software on both (or all 3?).... either way, it's a: not been commonly reported, and b: easily fixed.

13. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 68000

Martyimac

Why find it weird since I clearly posted "I just updated my '15 rMBP to 10.14.2 and the same thing happened to it."

14. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

was going by your iniitial post, and the 2nd one as well. having it happen to three macs suggests something in your setup (a similar app, perhaps), and, most important of all, it seems both issues were easily resolved. glad you resolved it!

15. L Caputo macrumors 6502

L Caputo

The big change I notice is the Combo update refuses to install with an error message saying the update is only for APFS formatted drives. All through the Beta tests, then 10.14.0 and 10.14.1 there was no problem installing on HFS+ disks.
    Interestingly the 10.14.2 full installer will install on an HFS+ disk, but not the Combo or Delta update.
    Anyone else experience the same, and if so did you find a way around it, other than converting to APFS.

16. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Hmm. Posted this yesterday; a direct response to the question.
    Just updated a few days ago. It did not mess with my "screensaver" (using my photos). It found the folder I had been using.

17. trevis macrumors newbie

I updated today and see the same issue as OP.
    It may not have changed the folder, but there is no way anymore to select an album from Aperture/iPhoto/Photos as a screensaver.

18. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 68000

Martyimac

That's even worse than my issue, I was at least able to go back and re-set up my screen saver using the photoslibrary.