Mojave 10.14.3 Betas

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by DaniloGeekDude, Dec 21, 2018.

1. DaniloGeekDude macrumors regular

DaniloGeekDude

Hello Everyone,

Several questions on these latest betas
    1. I couldn't find info on what the enhancements and/or fixes that these newer versions (on the latest beta 2 right now. Anyone of any that has been testing? Specifically on the development side?
    2. When do you think the GM or Final version of 10.14.3 will be released?
    3. Observations on Mojave (as opposed to earlier versions)? Will you stick with it (down to previous ones - i.e. Sierra still my favorite at this point).
    Thanks for any input or feedback.

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

the biggest difference (for me) between, say, mojave and high sierra; mojave is far more stable; fast, efficient.

all the OSes have their fans & detractors, based (reasonably) on their experiences (vs any general strengths or weaknesses of the OSes themselves). but mojave seems pretty great (based on the forums here & elsewhere, compared to HS).

i'll stick with it, until next years OS (&, then, sigh, wrestle with replacing 32bit apps). and so on & so on....

3. ASentientBot macrumors 6502

ASentientBot

With every OS release, there are rumors of it slowing down Macs and causing wild glitches. I've never seen any of that. The majority of those cases would probably be resolved with a clean install. And yes, Sierra is slower than Snow Leopard, but do you really want to use Snow Leopard?

That said, I love Mojave so far. Dark theme is a huge plus; it's the only new feature that I actually use. In terms of performance it's the same, no issues as long as you have an SSD.

No drama necessary. It's a good incremental update that works well. Probably the end of the line for my 2010 MacBook, but it'll remain usable for 5 years so I'm not too worried. Just glad I got dark mode.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

Speaking only for myself, I jumped off "the beta train" a while ago.
    With no compelling need to try every beta, I'll just wait for the "release" update to appear.
    Less messin' around that way... ;)

5. DaniloGeekDude, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018

DaniloGeekDude thread starter macrumors regular

DaniloGeekDude

I appreciate your replies.

Mojave is now my current, favorite version.

6. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Historically the .3 release drops the third week of Jan so I’d expect that for Mojave too. I jumped off betas when 10.14.1 GA came out. The .1 release contains the non-critical bug fixes that didn’t make 10.14 GA so it’s well worth getting those quickly.

7. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

2010 MacBook? How did yours get Mojave when my 2011 25" with dedicated graphics did not? Are you hacking the install like described in a thread on this forum?

8. ASentientBot macrumors 6502

ASentientBot

Yep. I even found a couple of the hacks that are used in the patcher! :)

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-14-mojave-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2121473/

A lot of AMD graphics cards don't work for whatever reason. I'd play with the kexts myself but I don't have the right hardware to test it. People seem to have kind of given up at this point and I'm not really sure why. I haven't seen a good explanation of what is preventing it from working.

9. DaniloGeekDude, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018

DaniloGeekDude

Thank you. I've always been updating to the latest betas for testing development tasks (macOS and iOS).
    Not a professional developer but I do it as a hobby (happily retired).
    I noticed your location as Apple Campus, Cupertino). I'm guessing you work for Apple?

10. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

I'd say, a decision at Apple is what is preventing it from working. :D The hardware is good enough for handling Mojave.

11. DaniloGeekDude, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019

DaniloGeekDude

12. DaniloGeekDude thread starter macrumors regular

DaniloGeekDude

Beta 4 just released.

Here's hoping for the GM release soon.

13. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

2 release of Mojave betas in a week? Sounds like 10.14.4 release is days away.